Original topic:

Note 9 selfie camera not focusing upclose shots (after update to version 9)

(Topic created on: 03-06-2019 04:33 PM)
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello,

After I updated the phone to version 9, my selfie camera has been blurry and not focusing the image as it used to when I first purchased it.

So I went to the Samsung technician in SHARAF DG in Dubai and my phone was formatted and the technician adjusted my settings and nothing changed and he said he will order a new camera and told me to come back later when it arrives so he can install it.

I couldn't wait longer and I wasn't convinced with the solution of changing the camera because only after the update the camera stopped functioning properly.

Then I went to the Samsung store in the MALL OF THE EMIRATES in Dubai and as the technician and his sales tested my phone and compared to their Note 9 phones, it turns out that all the sales including the technician himself are having the same issue as mine. When we compared it to a display phone of Note 9 that wasn't updated it turned out that it's perfect as the condition of the phone when I bought it, and it turns out it was still version 8.

The technician advised me to write here because it's not something he can fix because it's only an update fix which only Samsung can fix.

So if anyone else is having the same issue please write here also so the issue can be fixed at the earliest. And if anyone has a solution please share. Xoxo

I'm really disappointed in Samsung.

Check below the difference between these photos I took before (clear one) and after (blurred one) the update.

Ps: whoever will comment and be like: "cLeAn ThE lEnSe" *insert spongebob meme* honestly, dont. Because 4 experienced SAMSUNG technicians already tried it. So, don't.

5afa598a-9d9d-4516-852d-edb4676b7e49.jpg

4dba51b1-50c8-4b58-bc21-f2c340db3f0b.jpg

17 Comments
Zachk
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S9+
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
it's most probably because of the new update.
0 Likes
LEGACY94
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Im not able to pull down the notication bar..and also recent key is missing after my last update..its very annoying..i have to restart my phone each time this happens to set it right..phone is samsung note 9..please help
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'm no pro, but it sounds like a software issue.

Try resetting the settings by: general management > reset > reset settings (don't worry nothing will be deleted for this)

and this might work as it will restore the samsung default settings back as it should be.

if not, from the experience I obtained from the technicians repair methods, I think if you back it up through Smart Switch on your PC (download it from https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/smart-switch/ ) then try to reset (general management > reset > facrory data reset) your phone (complete wipe and delete of data) it could work as it will restore everything back to the way it should be. If not, do the backup anyway and go to the nearest samsung store that has a repair service and since your phone is under warranty it should be free of charge. They will reinstall the software of the phone properly, if for any reason it wasnt installed properly, which takes about 30 minutes and that might solve your problem.
0 Likes
Neris
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same issues here. blurred camera and malfunctioning edge panel. this is giving me much disappointment considering the price of this expensive phone!
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
me too! I suggest you submit 2 feedbacks for each problem through the community (which is what I did) when samsung will notice the amount of complaints they will for sure make an update fixing the issues soon!
0 Likes
Kalashnikov
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
facing same issues....after the update...
noora1
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
yaaaaa saammmeeeee i was like ??? why is it like that even the battery is draining so fast after the latest update
gouttedeau511
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
yeah I don't get why the latest update is so a downgrade. if they're selling the new s10 phones with this version then they're for sure in it for a surprise.