Original topic:

Note 9 Screen discoloration and over heating

(Topic created on: 06-27-2020 06:17 PM)
AGP
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Using Note9 (SM-960F) since 2018. Bought it in preorder (sale)  booking. 

Since march 2019, the phone is overheating and the screen display turn green for some time.

It is restored to normal  (as earlier) after few minutes. 

I am thus sure that this is software issue and changing screen would not solve it.

Even June update has not solved it. Kooks like there are many users who are facing this issue.

Samsung should offer system update to resolve this issue. 

I have been using note series since Note 2....Such issues will cause persons like me to lose faith in beautiful Note series on which we depend on

10 Comments
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
How come software cause this issue?
0 Likes
Kishisme
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

It is software issue because thousands and thousands facing it right now after  march OTA update and its all over the net and not just him or me. 

iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
But I still don understand how software update causes this issue. It usually occurs due to mis handling.
0 Likes
AGP
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Because it started after March update, there was no physical damage. The screen display goes off to abnormal, phone gets heated up. Turn off screen for few minutes and then again it is normal.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Did you try factory reset? I didn't face this issue till now.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I had followed all steps provided by Samsung on my Note  9  (including the safe mode method), but nothing worked. Due to the current Lockdown, I didn't even feel comfortable to approach the service centre. I was eagerly waiting for Samsung's new update (2.1) to be released & hoped that this update will fix the screen discoloration. However, today when i finally updated the software to UI Version 2.1 (Android security patch level 01 June 2020), the green screen issue still persists on my Note 9. I am quite annoyed with Samsung not being able to provide a solution to their so called premium model phone.

As of now, the display is worse than a 100$ phone available in the market. Didn't expect this from Samsung. I hope Samsung is listening to all the users who have invested considerable amount to buy this phone. Please........ we need an immediate solution to solve the display issue.

cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "display" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2) Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

And to resolve "Overheating" issue kindly follow the given below steps :- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-heating-issue-occurs-in-mobile-device/

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report), along with the screenshot, this will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern." 
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
rajvarpe
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
सॅमसंग नोट 9 अपडेट करने की वजह से मेरी मोबाईल स्क्रीन खराब हो गई. स्क्रीन पिली पड गई..और स्क्रिन डिस्प्ले पर लाइनिंग आ गई..
सैमसंग इसका सॉल्यूशन जल्दी निकालें..
0 Likes
rajvarpe
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
सॅमसंग नोट 9 अपडेट करने की वजह से मेरी मोबाईल स्क्रीन खराब हो गई. स्क्रीन पिली पड गई..और स्क्रिन डिस्प्ले पर लाइनिंग आ गई..
सैमसंग इसका सॉल्यूशन जल्दी निकालें..
0 Likes