Original topic:

Note 9 Micro Scratches on Screen? Samsung India Issues

(Topic created on: 01-05-2019 07:06 PM)
SDL
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I've noticed that the Note 9 Screen is Very Easily prone to scratches. The Gorilla Glass 5 is still the same one that was used on the Note 8. What a shame

I have been extremely careful with my phone and have treated it like a baby but no matter what you do a scratch s bound to happen within the first few days! Of using the phone. What's worse is that Samsung using these Curved Displays makes its Extremely Difficult to find a Good Screen Protector/ Tempered Glass without compromising on the Loss of Touch Sensitivity and a bad experience of the S Pen. I swear Samsung Curved Display is a big disadvantage given their exists no good screen protector for the phone and the only way to actually enjoy the display is to use the screen naked.

Unfortunately it looks like you cannot use the Note 9 Screen naked as it very prone to scratches. The tiny scratch is only visible under direct light and if viewed at a certain angle but I'm still quite disappointed with this since the Note is the most expensive of the Samsung flagship phones and they couldn't even bother by making an official screen protector for it themselves!

Also unlike Samsung US, Samsung India Warranty Service and Mobile Care is pretty bad as they offer no Accidental Damage coverage or no One time Screen Replacements for your Samsung devices in India :(
Meanwhile, Samsung US offers a Samsung Protection+ plan or Premium Care that gives you hassle free Screen Replacement and Accidental Damage coverage!

What's worse in Samsung India is that in the Samsung Stores they sell third party screen protectors that are of PATHETIC quality and also not cheap too 

Has anyone found a solution around this problem?
 Do you'll use your Note 9 with a Screen Protector and compromise on the S Pen usage & Touch Sensitivity?
Or do you'll use the Note 9 Screen naked with just a Strong Case on it?
Have you'll taken Insurance for your Note 9?
0 Likes
24 Comments
vaibhavsinghi
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Use buff guard instead of glass guard.
It is the best solution for curved screens.
Protects against scratches and good with S pen too.
0 Likes
SDL
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
what's a buff guard, the same as plastic? plastic never works well with S Pen
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
i am using the scratch guard on my s9 screen work perfectly fine for me i got scratches on my guard i am planning to change it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
when i removed my guard i saw some guard marks it is normal at first i thought it is scratches on the screen but when i showed to my mobile shop they told me that they are not scratches they are guard marks and by the way gorilla glass v 5 is more prone to scratch
0 Likes
SDL
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I know this but there are scratches, go check them directly under a flash light or sun light. those that don't go away with the microfiber cloth. yes gorilla glass 5 is more prone to scratch and I've got a scratch in the first 2-3 days only. such a shame
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
like said when removed the guard i saw some marks of guard
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Use screen guard
0 Likes
SDL
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
but the problem is that there exists no Good Screen guard for the Note series phones. S Pen doesn't work will with any except glass guard. and the glass guards for Curved Displays are all Trash with only adhesive on the sides
0 Likes
saranram
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I am from tamilnadu am using tampered glass bought from Poorvika mobile store.price 1000 rs it's works fine s pen also working fine no issues
0 Likes