Original topic:

Note 9 Camera issue.

(Topic created on: 07-05-2019 07:49 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note
To all my fellow note 9 users. 

There is a serious error with our phones telephoto camera. When I am using live focus or 2X zoom, which uses the telephoto camera, my phones camera starts vibrating. I can clearly hear and feel the buzzing sound. I checked online about this issue and found lots of users are having this issue and samsung doesn't offer us a proper solution for this issue. Camera replacement can solve this issue temporarily but it's not a permenant fix

To check whether your phone also have this issue, point your camera at the ceiling of your room and zoom in and out, or switch to live focus mode. If you can also hear a buzz or the image is not clear, your phone is also affected with this issue. 

Journal from Punikaweb.. 

Google search results for this issue.. 

YouTube links.. 

These are some of the videos showing the error, there are lot more available on the Internet. 

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
not having any issue on my note 9, suggest u to approach service center
Galaxy Note
Don't worry, you will face it soon. I have done enough research before posting this.
This issue appears randomly. Even an affected device will show the error once in a while. I have tested 4 different note 9.
3 of my friends who were using the device didn't noticed this issue. When I pointed out, they also confirmed the issue. Even I had a live chat with samsung representative, who confirmed that there are issues with telephoto camera in note 9.
Galaxy Note
So what is the solution if changing the camera module is a temporary solution so is changing the whole hand set, unless Samsung can change the whole camera module type no solution will be permanent.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Samsung haven't addressed this issue yet. I have searched regarding this in all samsung forums. Most of the users aren't aware about this issue. That's why I posted it here. If more customers identifies and request service for this issue, may be samsung will find a permanent fix for this. Please check all the links I have provided in the post for more details.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I have checked the links, some users started spotting this issue since September 2018 when the phone was still new so it is not related to any new updates, For sure Samsung is aware of this defect and replaced many camera modules already world wide, but as you said more users have identify this issue first and complain.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I have visited the service centre today. When I spoke to a samsung agent, I just told him camera flickers when zoomed. I didn't tell any other details. He asked me whether it's on a Note 9. When I said yes and handedover my phone, with out even checking whether my complaint is jenuine or not, they replaced the camera module.
samsung knows about this issue. I got the camera replaced on the same day itself. Usually this will not happen as most of the service centres will not keep cameras in their stock. So they already know customers will complain about this.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Samsung is very much aware of the issue, but they are just replacing quietly the camera modules for affected devices, I wonder if the free module replacement will be valid after expiration of warranty.
0 Likes