Highlighted
Active Level 1
I have been observing crashes of applications - such as Chrome - fairly frequently. Suddenly the screen goes blank! This has been happening for the past few months - after upgrading to Android 9/One UI 1.0. Do others face similar issues?
    I have scanned the phone through Device Maintenance app. No H/W, S/W problems or malware reported!

Anything else I can try?

8 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 4
not happening to my note 8.. clear the phone cache memory once. it will be ok
Highlighted
clear the cache of apps which are crashing.
Highlighted
Active Level 1
I have cleared the cache partition a couple of times and also the cache of crashing apps.
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
do factory reset once..if problem persists then just go to Samsung service center and flash same firmware from them...and when you get next firmware security patch, just download it by switching on download booster option..basically sometimes when you update your firmware from your device network or through wifi..then if network is little bit slow, it can skip important files and create issue like ui lag,battery drain, camera blure etc...so if problem arise then just flash firmware through Odin v.3.0 or best go to nearest Samsung service center...500%your problem will be solved 👍
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
oreo was best
Highlighted
Active Level 1
Thank you. I'll try the same.
Highlighted
Expert Level 3
yes do a factory reset of your phone after saving your data
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
oreo was better