Original topic:

Note 8 KRACK Exploit Fix

(Topic created on: 11-20-2017 12:46 PM)
Blade1
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
so Samsung releases November patch in other countries, just read the info below:

even working with the carriers in other countries they are faster than with the unlocked Note 8 in the UAE?

215 vulnerabilities in Android, including CRACK WiFi exploit are fixed.

I wrote to Samsung and the answer was operating environments are different and they won't update Gulf Note 8.

Is it discrimination? What kind of service is it?

T-Mobile has released a maintenance update for its carrier-branded variant of the Galaxy Note 8. The upgrade transports all of the patches included in last month and this month’s security release, as well as a fix for an IMR roaming bug.

Here’s the full changelog:

October Security Maintenance Release (SMR) — Patches for 215 patches for vulnerabilities in the open-source Android operating system and six for Samsung’s own modified software.November Security Maintenance Release (SMR) — Patches for 61 vulnerabilities in the open-source Android operating system and six for Samsung’s modified software, as well as a fix for the KRACK Wi-Fi exploit.IMS roaming bug fix.Various bug fixes and software stability improvements
0 Likes
2 Comments
vyshak
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I was wondering the same... Even my friends older S7 edge is getting updates. What is wrong with them...?
Blade1
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I think of 2 options - the Note line is dead. s8 plus is the same , so s9 plus may be compatible with s pen to be sold as an accessory. then there well could be no note 9. they perhaps released the Note 8 only not to halt the line on the bad accord with the exploding Note 7. and now they are planning to retire it. makes sense. the second explanation Samsung Gulf does not do their job
0 Likes