Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Review after 3 months

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 11:59 PM)
Donlee
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I got this phone in September, UAE version with 256gb storage. I'm personally a fan of the note series and I really love the overall design aesthetics on the Note 20 ultra. 
I got this phone to use mostly for better productivity at work and on that note it seems alright but I didn't get a better performance experience compared to the Note 9 I had previously. I rarely play games - played just twice and didn't last 30mins on it but I do more of media consumption alongside Microsoft apps, yet it is almost impossible for me to get 5 hours screen on time. At first I thought it'll get better over time but so far it's rather getting worse and it's beginning a lag some times and it gets very warm even when using just the camera for recording. Frequently as possible I do clear the phone cache and optimize the apps with optimization app from goodluck package. I've got even weekly phone restart configured and some Bixby routines which changes screen refresh rate to 60hz when using media apps. 

Overall I'll say great experience, but I hope they can do better next time especially in keeping performance and battery life on power. 
There's talk of better performance with the snapdragon model which sells in other regions, I don't want to get into that as I'll just hope perhaps the upcoming android 11 will bring some improvements or I might just give up on it and upgrade wisely next year. 

Update: I got the one ui 3.0 update about 4 days ago and so far performance has been amazing.... Battery life has greatly improved with over 8hrs screen on time. Cheers Samsung and Merry Christmas y'all🥂 
4 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hey Donlee! I was facing similar issue few days ago with my Note 10+ where I get barely 4 hours screen on time but after tweaking few settings I am now getting roughly 7-8hrs SoT. Also got around 180 apps/games and I kept certain apps in deep sleep to minimise background process.

I might make a tutorial soon
Donlee
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yoo TechnoGenuine, a tutorial sounds like a great idea. Please hook me up if ever you get to do it.
Lately I'm considering the path of custom roms but I don't want to void warranty so soon and miss out on other features like Samsung pay.
sidduchi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
exynos chip set is the reason for the bad performance..
that's why I i didn't upgrade to note 20 ultra.
I am still using note 10 plus but planning to say good bye to Samsung.
Donlee
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Looks like the Exynos chipset setback won't be an issue this coming year. So far vibes on the upcoming Exynos series seems to be on power and even kinda better than the snapdragon counterpart. Fingers crossed
0 Likes