Original topic:

Note 10+ Hot and poor battery peformance

(Topic created on: 10-23-2022 08:20 PM)
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi
My Note 10+ is very well looked after and about 3 years old. For about the last year the battery life has got progressively worse. It now only lasts about 3 hours from full to flat. While it is off it will charge up in about 1.5 hours. While it is on it takes many hours to charge and sometimes will not increase percentage for ages.
The phone also gets very hot on the top half.

I took it to Samsung to replace the battery as it was apparently clear that after 3 years the battery was tired, BUT after installing the new battery, nothing has changed.

Please help.
0 Likes
7 Comments
Bryceelvis
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
U may be having a power hog app u need to do a factory reset of your fone then charge to full continuously and unplug when full recharge when its aroung 5 % to full again to calibrate
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the reply. Samsung said a similar thing when I told them there's no implement after new battery. My phone has 220GB used of 256GB. I'm assuming I need to do a backup/restore before don't a factory reset. If I do this am I uploading 220GB in one sitting...? That will take ages and I'd have to ensure is done on Wi-Fi, not mobile data, or it will be very costly.
0 Likes
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I don't think a reset is required if one app has gone rogue. You'll simply have to find out which one it is because if you install it again, the reset might make no difference. Go into settings and check battery usage
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Contacts used 35-50% of my battery which is weird! But I would be looking for something that's using about 80% battery cos I'm burning through battery like crazy.
I'm not sure one can uninstall contacts, and then what happens to all your contacts during that time...??
0 Likes
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
It must be a syncing issue. Try logging out and back into both Gmail and your Samsung account and re-sync your contacts because wow that's a lot
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
But I think you're right. A syncing issue somewhere causing it to work flat out...
0 Likes
BenS23ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the input. It was a problem for many months so rebooted/ logged out many times.
Samsung said after 3 years battery must be shot and replaced it. No change....
They said do factory reset which I've now done and much better. Long time to back up and restore but being way more careful with what I agree to with apps.
0 Likes