Original topic:

No HR and Spo2 sensor

(Topic created on: 01-15-2020 08:19 PM)
Viks007
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Why Samsung has removed Heartrate and Spo2 sensor from Galaxy note 10? We can see that Samsung S10 and Note 10 lite also do not have these sensors. I love Samsung just because of its unique features. My whole family and friends use Samsung smartphone. 
If it will also manufacture same phone like others do then whats the use of having Samsung S Series phones? Its like just any other android phone. These features make Samsung rise above all and it also gives tough competition. But it seems Samsung has started promoting its Smart watches thats why it is removing these feature. I regret ..who wants these features would no longer get that in latest smartphones. We have to change our choice....Isn't it?
11 Comments
SliceSupport
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
may be because Note 10 targeted a different category of users thats why .

thats why there is two type of flagships one is note another is not
Viks007
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes but Samsung has also started removing these sensors in S series as well. They removed Iris sensor..n now we see no HR and Spo2 sensor in S10 lite. These are the unique features which makes it different. I preferred Samsung over Apple just because these features..u need not have to wear Smartwatch always to monitor ur heartrate snd oxygen level. Hope they will continue it in S series atleast!
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Most users don't use these features on a day to day basis....and what doesn't get used much...is slowly discontinued
Viks007
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I think pushing forward smartwatches is the only reason. I know many consumers who were eagerly waiting for new S series n they use these features are now upset. I also think why would spend so much money when Samsung does not have something new or unique to offer. They have stopped giving frequent updates to Bixby. It has lot of bug. People do prefer google assistant than Bixby. It does not mean that they should remove Bixby. They should try to improve the features and services not exclude them. People have lots of choice...there is tough competition in market. I think Samsung was the only manufacturer which has all these features. If this is the case, I am afraid about its premium segment smartphones.
0 Likes
venny8
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
we use s series for these unique features, atleast comparing to other phones they don't have these features, now days edge display available on some brands,ir blaster also removed if thease features discontinued i am not ready to take s20
Viks007
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Agreed! Thats also my concern. If majority of consumers use it so they cant just remove these features. They remove Iris sensor from S10 which the most secure lock feature available in the market. Many researches found that Iphones' faceid fails in case of twins. But it was not the case with iris.
0 Likes
venny8
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
in android 9 Bixby vision is excellent and quick translation,on android 10 bixby vison not working
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Samsung policy....no heartrate spo2 sensor and 1080p display
0 Likes
SliceSupport
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
First

it is a parrellel process in market example

popularity of wireless headphones forcing many brands to remove headphone jacks

heartrate monitor sensors replaced into gears rather than in smartphones