Original topic:

No Android 11 update on my Note 20 Ultra (SM-N9860)

(Topic created on: 01-10-2021 11:22 PM)
MrBeam
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I havent received the Android 11 update on my Note 20 Ultra (SM-N9860). When will I get the update?
56 Comments
xellex
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

probably not anytime soon. All other variants of Note 20 Ultra got the update except SM-N9860. Don't know why Samsung let-out their premium handset of this variant. Even older model of handsets got the update. Very frustrating on how Samsung working on this.

sw100000
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Full agree, have a fully unlocked SIM free 9860 and no software updates since November patch wise, no android 11.

Samsung needs to standardise on updates like Apple etc, this is not a cheap phone so is completely unacceptable

0 Likes
xellex
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Is there any Samsung official who can clarify and answer to this request? Why it's delaying and when will be getting the update? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
from where you purchased your device?
0 Likes
xellex
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

from Hong Kong. N9860 is that variant

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
then forget software update according to indian policy .... only process is to flash that firmware which is running on Hong Kong by using odin tools ..because none of the service center can help you regarding that in India
0 Likes
IshanKumar
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
brother don't flash your mobile, try to update your mobile through smart switch. if that also doesn't help, below is the link for N9860 variant android firmware
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-20-ultra-5g/firmware/SM-N9860/TGY/#SM-N9860

go to the above link and check if android 11 firmware is there or not. if it is not there, that means it's not released yet
Mohamedothman
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I don't know why samsung doing this 

All variants had been updated excep fir Hong Kong version 

0 Likes
xellex
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
sorry guys. When I clarified release date for UI 3 they said it will take a month or more for N9860. for such an expensive handset this is what they do. this is my last samsung phone I'm going to use .
0 Likes