Original topic:

New Note20 Exynos lagging in gaming

(Topic created on: 10-03-2020 08:08 AM)
visalso
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi everyone, 

let's see if i am the only one here. so my brand new Note20 global version which runs on Exynos990 and Mali GPU chips sets is not doing well on PUBGM. i got nothing to complain about other functions or any other games, it seems to run fine except PUBGM. i thought the phone is one of the latest. i just wanted a smooth game play on PUBGM so i upgraded to a Note 20. it is underwhelming knowing that it flop at the only task i paid top dollars to upgrade the phone for. im not a tech expert, maybe PUBGM is not optimizing for this new phone yet? maybe Samsung software is not optimizing for such a demanding game yet? im not sure. i just hope for some solutions. so far all the fix i found on the internet has failed. i've been using Samsung phone since i was in high school. I am disappointed. 

for the team at Samsung please address this issue with your team. for what is worth, PUBGM is a widely popular and very demanding game and im sure that i am not the only person here who wished i made a different decision and bought something else at actually up for the task. The Note20, what a beautiful device it is, im going to hold on to this one for a while hoping for a fix. in the mean time keeping eyes for those Chinese brand phone which seems like they are performing quite well. 

anyone here with a fix, im all open to suggestions.  🙂  

11 Comments
sunjay98
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
download it frm play store
after that it will run smooth
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
check your game settings ... change it to focus on performance
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Post your feedback in my page section of this forum
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Buying Note 20 was not good choice now just hope that software updates improve performance.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
PUBG is not optimized well for Exynos.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Soo81
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same here my note 20 lag very badly in game. I playing A3. I have 2 Samsung side by side. My Samsung plus 10 have no lag. Note 20 is waste of money. Regret buying. Might not buy Samsung in future. 

Daz4
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Mines exactly same ....I play asphalt 9 and its just fkn stupidly annoying ...the note 20 is **bleep** ...note 9 did everything played every game perfect but this brick is so disappointing....every game lags ,crashes ,restarts unexpectedly,  ...too much tech that no one uses and not enough basics ...firmware and hardware cannot handle 60fps and even at 30fps its slow and laggy....stay away guys 

Solun
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

I have the same issue in games like Arena of Valor and Dead by Daylight. They both run fantastic on the Note 9 but on the Note 20 Ultra they lag and stutter - a lot. I asked in my local Samsung Members forum and they said those games are probably not optimized but basically they didn't know. It infuriates me. Also the speakers are not as good as on the Note 9 quality-wise plus the bottom speaker output is on the left side now instead of right which always gets naturally covered by my hand so I can't hear the **bleep** game audio correctly. I can't turn the phone around because there is another **bleep** thing, the camera cut-ouut which hinders my gameplay in that case. I am running the newest firmware and did a factory settings reset, tried multiple display resolution and smoothess combinations and it didn't do anything so I am actually still playing all my games on the Note 9 (!!!).

0 Likes