Original topic:

NOTE 7 UPDATE

(Topic created on: 10-31-2016 11:53 AM)
Ishat
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Today my Note 7 is requesting me to update the software. I have disable the auto update as I'm not interested to update after the 60% battery update. So if anyone has already updated the software can you please tell me what's new? I am still waiting for a call from Samsung to return the device.
0 Likes
12 Comments
Yas1
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes same today. I think I should return because battery draining fast now. Because of New software
0 Likes
mahmoud1
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I disable the auto update
ChristianK
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Disable updates man! Both automatic and scheduled. However, I've read rumors that in Europe the 60% battery limit update runs in the phone even with updates disabled. There must be some open "door" to their update. So, I turning off market data reports and whatever app that automatically receives stuff from from Samsung, perhaps even this Samsung Members app that we are using right now.
0 Likes
kknaji68
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
just root it..if you are going to keep it.
0 Likes
UAE384
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
how please send me the link
0 Likes
Jayarous
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
can we control the charging percentage after rooting?
Shazu1
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have disable auto update but when I turn on Wi-Fi the device auto download after few min. set auto restart (no way for disable) now my device charge limit 60% . I think samsung force me or note 7 users to stop using this device. but I'm satisfied for my note 7. and I have no interest to returns now battery drain fast for this update.but samsung please rethink many blind fun for galaxy note series. so please give new update for fully charged this device. however I live in Dhaka Bangladesh and no way returns this device from here. recently I contact samsung india but no response. please help me what can I do. please tell me way to change this charging system.
0 Likes
Ishat
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hello there. I'm from Bangladesh too. Just pause the update. It will not restart automatically. And I called Samsung Bangladesh Customer Care Centre and they took my personal information and phone information. They said they will contact me when they will have an update. Please call this number +8809612300300 and if they say they have no official information about this matter, ask them to talk with higher authority and they will. If they deny again, call them again after few minutes!
0 Likes
ChristianK
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I managed to interrupt the installation of the update.
It came initially as a message asking me to decide if now or later. I tapped Later but it started downloading the update anyway.
I turned the phone off. Charged back to 100%, then removed the SIMs, disabled Wi-Fi, then turned it on.
Then in Settings, I proceeded to turn off the Software Update and turned of all Notifications for Android.
Apparently it worked, it's charging normally up to 100% But I still didn't try using the battery down to under 60%
when I open Settings it appears a little note asking me to touch it and get the new update with the new functionalities. I am making sure I don't, until such date when I decide to replace my phone.