Original topic:

NOTE 20 ULTRA - BLACK-DEAD SCREEN

(Topic created on: 12-02-2020 01:01 AM)
NisarB3
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,  I'm from Oman.

I got issue of my 3 month old Note 20 Ultra, suddenly it went BLACK SCREEN. I was clicked volume key to silent incoming call yesterday & It's happen since then, The screen went totally black, was tried several times to restart , but only it vibrate and make little sound but no screen, screen doesn’t display anything.

Yesterday visited Samsung Service Center- SARCO/ GPT with initial check up the technician said the screen was having issue & need to open phone - need to change needy, The fixing will be take up-to 5 days. Can’t imagine for 3 months old phone have to face this & instead of getting replacement new unit they offered to repair/screen replacement only, with several excuses.  

This is shocking, for such a high end flagship has this major issue, by regular usage and less than 3 months.

Very disappointing, was IPhone user since 8 years & migrated to Samsung for note 20 Ultra spend almost $ 1350 and it gave me impression with huge disappointment/ frustration. 

there must be better option rather than repair for such high end flagship phone. 

Note: My phone has never dropped or submerged in water.

anybody else faced same issue ? And what’s outcome ? 

0 Likes
15 Comments
Galaxy Note
It happmed to my note 5 before and a reboot solved it
NisarB3
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
without display how to reboot...screen was total black
0 Likes
Usman_
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
if your phone still under warranty better visit your nearest Samsung Service Center with purchase receipt.
NisarB3
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes its under warranty ... already repalced screen as per gentleman from local service centers...but big disappointment with such issue for such high flagship phone...
Abedallkareem
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
try to login into safemode
NisarB3
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
screen was total black even after restart...
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
To force reboot Samsung Galaxy device, you should remember the button combination to simulate the battery disconnection. You should press and hold the “Volume down” and Power / lock key for 10 to 20 seconds to perform the operation. Press both keys till the screen goes blank. Now, only press the power / lock button till the device boots up. You can see your device booting up after restarting.
NisarB3
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thats done several time.. unfortunately still screen was black ..nothing on display
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Oh man, that's cracked up. Hope you get everything back to normal again