NOTE 20 ULTRA 5G ISSUE

(Topic created on: 02-15-2023 06:58 PM)
RAJSINGH
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note

Edited here and then and mailed the same as per above 👆

Hi - 

Dear esteemed Samsung India Team members!
I would like to bring to your kind notice about the pathetic situation I am in now after buying Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g way back in 2021 and couldn't use 5g in it now because as per the Samsung Customer service telephonic conversation, all I could understand was this device doesn't support 5g network on Stand Alone technology. 

I have registered the same as my grievance in NCH, National Consumer Helpline Forum, Department of Consumer Affairs on 04.02.2023.

In this regard I request you further, if you could kindly post an update on my NCH complaint with grievance number *****(on the Government of India portal) as to what exactly you have done in these past few days/weeks to provide resolution to my grievance? 

As far as I am concerned, as a customer of your flagship device launched and sold to me in the year 2021, it was your duty and responsibility to provide support for all 5G architectures that were available for implementation in the market during product development. 
By choosing to not support the 5G technology being used by the country's leading telecom provider Reliance Jio, which works on SA 5g technology (with approximately 35% market share), you have definitely left a large portion of your addressable market unsupported. 
Add to that the fact that Jio's implementation of 5G in India is the better and internationally preferred technology (SA) makes your actions even more unacceptable to me. 

I, as a customer, further opine that it's your duty and responsibility to implement and provide support for all available network technologies and not pick and choose one or the other. For that to happen, your hardware ought to be compliant enough.
 To draw a parallel that's easy to understand, our home network routers provide support for all standards - 802.11ax, 802.11ac, 802.11b/g/n, 802.11a. No OEM says that we will only support 802.11ac and not 802.11n. 

When you decided to support only the NSA technology in your flagship devices, you breached the trust of your premium customers who spent more than 1 lakh Rupees to purchase a new mobile device, thinking it will specifically work on the Jio 5G network and expecting to use the new devices for at least the next few years.

Now, as you have confirmed to me several times that my Note 20 Ultra will not work on the Jio 5G network, I am unable to understand what it taking you so long to provide a full refund of the price I had paid to purchase the half-working/defective product that does not support half of the 5G technology?? 

For you the resolution path is 100% clear:

1. you either provide a full refund of the money I paid and take your device back,

OR

2. you provide an upgrade to your current flagship that works on the Reliance Jio 5G network. Period. What's the delay?

I request you not to call me quite often to buy more time - I am not going to wait endlessly while you "work on your resolution". I want you to update my grievance number 4242209 on the NCH portal with what exactly you have done in these past few days/weeks since I have approached you with my grievance.

Thanks and Regards.
16 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Good... everyone should make these MNCs accountable. Otherwise, the state of consumers in India won't improve.
manojporwal
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Correct v want justice
0 Likes
RahulSirsat
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I have done it and This should be done by all the note 20 Ultra users ..
0 Likes
ramnatarajan
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes I agree. I've been a Samsung customer more than a decade and I feel being cheated.

Admin and mods, can you please escalate this issue to Samsung India head office and Jay Y. Lee and let them know how their premium customers are poorly treated. Spent a lac on this device and I need compensation or upgrade to a flagship device.
vibknp
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Log sahi kahte hai apple samsung ka baap hai
RAJSINGH
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Join group pls
0 Likes
RAJSINGH
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note