I'm happy to find this forum/community. Just want to say something about my wish list (feature request) for the next Samsung Galaxy Note 21 (or 22) for Samsung product team's consideration:
1. Please bring back the microSD slot, and make it compatible to upgrade up to 2TB or 3TB of microSD cards. This is super important for my use cases (I do a lot of mobile photography and 4K/8K video shooting as well as prefer to store music files locally on my phone as I don't always have Internet access when I am hiking at remote areas - so extra storage is super important for me!!)
2. Please just super super focus on making an awesome camera phone! The camera feature/capabilities is #1 on my priority list!!
3. Please focus on UX! If over the past 3~6 years you found out that not that many users are using the "Bixby" button on their Galaxy Note phone, then please either consider to completely remove it, or at least allow users to easily "reprogram" the function for that precious button. The users' usage data should have told you a lot of things. Please DO NOT try to "nudge" your loyal users to use Bixby, when we know that the Bixby is just "not there yet" (when compare to Google Assistant)... I'm very excited to learn that in the Google I/O 2021, Google announced that it will build a unified platform for Android smartwatch. I have always dreamed of having a "pure" Samsung Galaxy Note X device that has a Pixel-like "pure Google" experience (without all those bloatware that Samsung added that I just don't use at all and those were taking a lot of internal storage space). So please please please just listen to your customers and focus on "design for delight" to make your customers happy!! The more you can make your customers happy, the more loyal your customer will be!!
4. Consider the use case that when people are driving (with a mask), whether you can provide a super easy way for them to "unlock" their smartphone. With my Note9 I still have to manually key in my passcode while I am driving which is not safe.
5. Focus on some practical and yet innovative features: for example, can we make our next Samsung Galaxy Note X a digital scale so that we can figure out how much postage we need to put on our parcel that need to be shipped from USA to South Korea or Japan? Maybe even partner with Stamps.com to figure something out. The more you can make your customers' lives easier, the more successful you (Samsung) will be.
6. Of course, Performance matters too (faster processor, more RAM), better battery life, better display and screen resolution, call quality, data connectivity and speeds, better cooling, better size vs weight, better wireless charging and water/dust-proof, stereo speakers, etc. these are ALWAYS welcomed!
7. Real-time VR in 8K over high-speed WiFi or 5G. Just keep pushing the limit. You can do it Samsung!
2. You will probably get the best camera in the next Note device.
3. They had already removed the Bixby button long ago. You can't have a pure Pixel like experience on a non Pixel device at all.
4. For your Note 9, you can use Iris scanner instead of PIN, and there is zero chance that it will be coming back.
Won't comment on the other points :)