Original topic:

Missing dual app WhatsApp folder

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 06:01 PM)
Krishnaptb
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I am using SM‐N975F (Note 10+). The WhatsApp folder goes missing from the dual app folder and I am not able to download or open documents in WhatsApp.
Tried factory reset and reinstalling a new firmware but of no help.
Request support for this issue...
23 Comments
Mohan Ram
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

6 weeks turned to 6 months... Still no response...

Wat better response to expect from service centers then...

0 Likes
rahulmay
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

how many more days.. already been 3 weeks since your last update!

0 Likes
RohitNayak1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi Guys, i also face the same issue while upgrading to android 12. And perform all the steps given by samsung in different forums/treads, but didnt work.

Then i just un-install and reinstall the whatsapp. Now it works perfectly.

0 Likes
Mohan Ram
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Same here bro... As soon as I realized that the dual whatsapp media was folder was gone after the update (I was still able to see the pics in the app though), I backed up my chat with all media to a new gmail id... But even when the process of backing up is finished, I was not able to find any backup folder in drive (checked the hidden ones too)...

When this failed, I thought I ll share all important media to my primary whatsapp... No use... Now I was not able to find them in Dual app too...

I dunno how they can roll out these updates without proper testing... Esp such gross stuff escapes their eyes easily I guess...

All the erased media files are gone for sure... Thanks to SAMSUNG for such a wonderful service...

Meanwhile when u try to disable auto updates to Galaxy Store or Galaxy Themes apps, countless number of times, it jus keeps wasting my data and memory...

0 Likes