Original topic:

Live Captions still missing on Note10/+

(Topic created on: 06-23-2020 04:20 PM)
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I have Note10 and got my dad Note10 lite as it has a bigger battery. Being a cheaper version of note 10, it still has live caption which the more expensive Note10 doesn't. Im still confused why samsung didn't provide this useful feature.

I have searched everywhere online but didn't find any info on this. What are your thoughts? Does anyone know whether we will get live captions in future updates or not?
8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

side load it 

0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
how? as far as i know we need root to install it
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

go to apk section you dont need rooting at all 

0 Likes
Zacjain
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Live caption is not available for note10/+ nor you can side load it. I tried already and I end up with "live transcribe".
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
that's what. this is not something which can be achieved with apk. It has to be installed as a system app or integrated with system files which is possible only via root or officially by samsung. I am also having live transcribe but that doesn't solve the purpose of live captions :(
0 Likes
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
just wondering who is to blame here.... android or samsung... but with note series nowdays... the more you pay the less you get... headphone jack 😐
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
samsung is to be blamed here because they are providing this option in the cheaper variants as well.
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
you are right. when they they announced this feature i was so excited as well... i don't know why they removed it form note 10
0 Likes