Original topic:

Light coming from edges

(Topic created on: 10-29-2017 11:58 PM)
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi.. Have anyone used Note 8 in the dark and finds that light is coming from where Screen panel and metal body joins??396ec282-9862-4296-bcd3-7546475b9e5b.jpg
ae0a8e41-5ce3-4ccf-8705-0c2b4f908fc9.jpg
f170f79c-2cb9-43b1-a8ac-d8aea4cc42dd.jpg
7beabe03-2f93-4964-824b-0c5ef06e303a.jpg
0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
No
0 Likes
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I had used the phone in dark and there is light coming from adjoining the panel. then I got my device replaced but issue pertains with the new device also. Then I went to the store at cyber hub gurgaon where I found that the display device also have the same thing. So I am confussed whether it is an issue or normal to have that light.
0 Likes
Patz
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
don't worry use a case,it happens with all edge phones,it is just reflection of light on glass
0 Likes
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I saw in my s7 edge too. but it's just the reflection on the metal frame - glass contact. chill out
0 Likes
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the response. but this looks weired in the dark. If this happens due to edge then what is the use of making edge phones.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would suggest you to visit nearby Samsung Service Center so service engineer will examine your device physically. Please find service center details in the link provided http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Hi Team, I had visited service centre earlier and got my device exchanged. But the problem is same in the new device also and while went to the service centre they are saying this is not a problem but due to edge light will reflect outside through the panel.
If this type of response are expected from them then why would a consumer spend more than 60k bucks to buy Note 8.
0 Likes
sarinbp
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Hi..it is common with all edge screen mobile since galaxy s6 edge..u can search xda forum about this issue then u can see every one around the globe facing this issue..so there is no solution for this issue as of now. me too facing that..
0 Likes
NoteFun
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Hi..Thanks for response. I have raised this issue with samsung as It is not acceptable to spend such a huge amount to get this type of defect. And how can they give such a reason that due to edge this defect persist in the device. If they cannt manufacture a perfect edge device then Samsung should limit their production to flat screen instead.
0 Likes