Original topic:

Lagging issue after upgrading to one ui 4 Note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 01-29-2022 12:06 AM)
MimoRagib
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
After upgrading to the latest one ui 4 my note 20 ultra has been super laggy. Specially when scrolling with less than 30% charge. In some games the touch response has been extremely terrible. It is almost unusable. This update is the worst update as far as I can recall. It is very disappointing from Samsung that we users r facing these kind of issues. I have heard that most of us are facing these kind of bugs. A major thumps down to Samsung. 
10 Comments
metasung
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
100 percent agree
Prince1002
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Same issue with my Note 20 ultra also battery drain fast,
MimoRagib
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yes battery life is also affected
Galaxy Note
One UI 4.0 has many bugs but that's not Samsung fault as Android 12 released by Google has bugs. Software update is coming for bug fixes. Check out this video for more details https://youtu.be/dkf2nTXTg4k
Please click 3 dots on my post and select accept solution if you feel this is helpful.
0 Likes
metasung
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
If Google is responsible for all, then the fault is in our choice.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I own a Note 20 Ultra too and battery life has actually been better since the One UI 4.0 update. Now I don't have to charge phone twice, a single charge is enough to get through the day
0 Likes
Shaurya7
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Same problem with me however for me the device lags when i switch apps from app tray or access the notification panel, the battery life has increased a bit and what I noticed is the lag occurred when display resolution was set to WQHD+ and the motion smoothness was set to standard.

When the motion smoothness was set to adaptive the issue got fixed.
Try cleaning cache partition, it may fix the problem.

I had also reported this error to Samsung near about 3 times with images and screen recording but each time they gave me same response saying they r not able to understand the problem.Screenshot_20220129-101920_Samsung Members_5601_1643431994.jpg
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
All of your "lag", "battery issues" will go away completely only if you Factory Reset, as the OS version has changed = MAJOR Android update.
I am following this process of Factory Reset since the past 8 years for Android phones after each MAJOR OS change and I've never had issues with the new updates. In fact, the updates feel smoother than previous OS.

You can follow this if you want:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/I-am-mentioning-this-again/td-p/10593850
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. To resolve your device hanging issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-to-restart-the-device-when-freezed-or-hanged/

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes