Original topic:

Is fingerprint authentication supported with device encryption and MyKnox?

(Topic created on: 05-15-2018 01:29 PM)
kadaj
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I have device encryption enabled with password based authentication. Previously I was using fingerprint auth to unlock screen, which was changed when FDE was setup. Everything was working fine. Next I installed MyKnox and during setup I used fingerprint with backup password. The setup got completed successfully with fingerprint based auth. But the problem now is the lock screen password is disabled and I am able to unlock the screen using just swipe. But the lock screen settings and security settings still show password based auth. Also I am not able to change or reset the password as it keeps showing wrong password when I try to change. I suspect that fingerprint auth has created this problem because of FDE. So is there a way to change/reset the password? During MyKnox setup I manually entered existing Samsung account instead of choosing suggestion option and I had to create a new password for the knox account after which my perious Samsung account password was not working, which then I had to reset. I had MyKnox setup before when there was no full disk wncryption enabled with fingerprint authentication and everything was working fine at that time. I am on Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Thanks.
0 Likes
5 Comments
admin39
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly once uninstall Knox application and clear the credentials of the device through main menu >> lock screen and security >> other security setting >>clear credentials.
0 Likes
kadaj
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I cannot open the lock screen settings because it asks for the password and is not accepting the existing one. Lock screen >> Screen lock.
0 Likes
kadaj
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I did a factory reset. But if you have found a solution, please let me know.
0 Likes
appukutty
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I want fingerprint lock
0 Likes
lade
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
How o can change password my finger touch is working
0 Likes