Original topic:

I need help on this

(Topic created on: 02-19-2019 04:03 PM)
Gideon1650
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

a1f27358-4425-4602-acc1-9f2e14010070.jpg

The One UI update for galaxy note 8 is available in China, but whenever I tap on the update software, this is what I get. What can possibly be the problem?
0 Likes
13 Comments
MasterFahad
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Try updating through Smart Switch PC
0 Likes
Gideon1650
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
how do I do that? Can you please walk me through the process? thank you
0 Likes
MasterFahad
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Download Smart Switch on your PC. Once done, open it and then connect your phone using the original cable. Unlock your phone.

Once the phone is connected, you should be able to see Update button in the UI (Smart Switch PC) below the storage info. Click update and wait for the update to finish. Once the update is downloaded, it will ask you to disconnect the cable and hold down the volume down/up and power key. The update should be installed.
Gideon1650
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
thanks a lot mate
0 Likes
MasterFahad
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
No problem
0 Likes
Gideon1650
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hello mate, I tried the smart switch but it reads my phone is up to date. My phone is Knox version not Exynos. I don't know why I can't possibly update to the One UI.
0 Likes
MasterFahad
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
hmm, interesting. In that case, you might have to wait longer then or even forever (hope not) because you can't even search for an update.

Normally, people who would buy phones for security related stuff wouldn't care about updates and Samsung would take longer to update because they have to consider the security aspect of the software.

I always buy the International version to not fall into these kind of problems, therefore, I always get the updates faster. Hope you get yours soon.
0 Likes
Gideon1650
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Mine is an American version. I hope so too. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate your kindness
Ernesthugo
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
there is nothing like Knox version
0 Likes