Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

(HELP) Samsung Wireless Dex : Connecting to a Laptop?

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 01:34 PM)
Dr_Sadesh_Abey
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi there,

I'm trying to connect my Note 20 ultra using wireless dex to my Windows 7 laptop. 

I can't seem to figure out how to do it and there isn't much information online. If anyone here has managed to do it, please let me know how u did.

Thanks a lot

16 Comments
Solution
Hiruka_NU
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You can also try it using a smart TV.(only miracast support) 😊

More info.press Windows key+K in laptop.You can find mirroring option.I didnt know much things about Dex.

But you can follow these steps as a alternative for samsung Dex. 😁
Galaxy Note
I'll try the windows key + K and see. I can already mirror to the TV without an issue
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately Windows key + K didn't work. Looked into Mira cast, my laptop doesn't support it i guess.
Hiruka_NU
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
😑oh.....My pc also .....but i can access the option.its need bluetooth support.🤗
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Oh ok bro. Maybe its not there cause its old
Solution
RavishaHeshan
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Not sure about the Windows 7, but in Windows 10 it works without any issue as long as both devices are in the same network.
First open Dex desktop app and when it says to connect phone with usb cable I just turn on the Dex switch on my mobile. Then I get an alert on my desktop to accept connection. That's it(without connecting any cable) 🤷🏾 ♂️
Galaxy Note
Yes bro but it doesn't work on Windows 7 and thats what i need. My laptop is a bit old and doesn't support windows 10
RavishaHeshan
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
May be a driver issue? If possible try to run windows 10 inside a virtual box which will help you to figure out whether it's a hardware issue(network) or a software issue
Galaxy Note
Thanks bro I'll try that n see