Original topic:

Guest mode is missing Samsung one UI

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 01:25 PM)
Sachin279
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Guest mode and multiple user mode is the one of the best android feature ever. But this important feature  is missing in one ui 2.

I Don't understand why samsung is removing useful features which is already part of core android. 

I request you Samsung please add Add user or Guest mode option in your one UI to make your user happy. 
18 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
no guest mood in android 10....you only can add account as owner or as business purposes
0 Likes
Dude98
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
How?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
from add account settings
0 Likes
Rajkumar11
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes guest mode missing very disappointed
FrBq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

You all are right. Long ago guest mode or users should be an option you should be able to activate. 

That's the kind of things because users migrate sometimes, belive it or not. That's just because it's not there, not because it is needed. 

Future versions should have the option at least, and an upgrade for old devices would be good, as improbable for it to be. 

JEJF
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

I am really annoyed that guest mode is missing. I have changed from my Meizu phone that was 3 years old and bought a Samsung not realising that guest mode was not on it. I thought all android phones would have the same main features. Had I known I would not have bought this Samsung rubbish, I would have waited and got the new Motorola Edge S. Please can you add this feature back? Your Knox service is nice and so is the child mode but its not what I want. I need, I need a guest account as I have been using on all the Android phones for the past 4 years. Why remove such simple feature? 

EvilsBane427
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This is honestly become the final straw, does anyone know of any other decent upcoming flagship phones available in the US that aren't a Pixel, iPhone, Samsung or Motorola?  LG is getting out of the phone market because they couldn't figure out what they wanted or that advertising it very important.  I am getting extremely pissed off with Samsungs beyond idiotic software omissions.  Omitting guest mode when it is already hard baked into Android and has been for 6 versions? Seriously?? I almost broke my nice 65" Samsung tv a few days ago because they decided that connecting $60 new Xbox Series X/S controllers via bluetooth is a permanent thing, effectively rendering it useless for any function other than being a tv remote because the Steam Link app doesn't work correctly on Tizen.  Samsung, can you please f**king explain to me why I, the owner of my tv, am not able to unpair non audio bluetooth devices?  Why I have no option for a factory reset? and why in the F**K on your Galaxy devices you removed a very important Android feature that has existed since Android 5.0, way way way WAY more than plenty of time to patch in One UI compatibility especially since you jackasses only just replaced Touchwiz with One UI in 2019 and Android 5.0 was released in 2014, 4-5 whole years BEFORE you even launched One UI?  And for the record I am definitely what you would call very tech savvy, I am getting my certification to work in IT, and I used to work as a Samsung expert at a corporate AT&T store.  I find it very insulting that I am somehow not allowed to control the bluetooth devices on my own f**king tv.  I do apologize for the censored f-bombs, I am very angry that Samsung, a company that I have been loyal to, treats me like a f**king **bleep**!!

A691
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

Samsung disappointed me with its Very bad decisions. They removed some of the android built-in features. Sometimes you need to give your phone to somebody and guest and multiple users are very handy.

I had to give my note 10 for some hours to my brother in an emergency situation and I couldn't.

Also, they have removed the ability to restrict apps as you can see here

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/why-can-t-i-completely-restrict-mobile-data-and-...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Bought a new galaxy m12.. surprised to know that there is no option to add user or guest mode as it is an inbuilt android os feature. Somehow samsung did a lot of hardwork to remove this native android offering. to Now I want to sell my mobile and buy some other brand.. ...atleast they offer applock and multiuser novelties in all their phones.
Never a samsung again....

Feeling like I'm in stone age of mobile Era...

Samsung should remember why they rose and why Nokia failed.
0 Likes