Original topic:

Green Screen Problem and Samsung Policy

(Topic created on: 01-14-2021 11:14 PM)
abdurrahman1989
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Greetings,

I bought note 9 when it was launched in August 2018, it was best phone i ever had till March 2020 update, since then i started getting green screen but after lock n unlock it used get normal and happened once in a week, by August 2020, it started once in a day and after checking on internet I found out that its samsung bug that created problem and found a suggestion of Always on Display and double tap to unlock the screen, it worked for few weeks then problem started again.

On 30.12.2020 screen went completely green so i called customer support, they said they will check water test and if pass then only samsung will provide free of cost replcement so i visited service center, at first they bluntly said that free of cost not possible and samsung has no offer like that, after about 45 minute of arguments they agreed to take the phone.

They first checked the phone and unscrewed it completely and said its fine will change screen and check test again, after 4 days on 04.01.2021 i called to check status and they said water test is failed  so i asked them to keep the phone and i raised complaint with customer support.

For Next three days i talked to customer support explaining my case daily to different persons and all i could get is "we will arrange call from our supervisor", on 07.01.2021 i Spoke to MR. HARISH, one of supervisour, he was extreamly rude like i thought i made mistake buying samsung phone, all he said is free of cost is not possible at all, you can do whatever you want.

So I emailed to service head mentioning my case and i got a call from higher authority employee named MR. Dilip, he said water ressistance is not the issue, samsung will change the screen free of ocst and asked to wait till next day.  after 5 more days on 12.01.2021, all Mr. Dilip Said is " IT IS SAMSUNG POLICY THAT IF WATER RESSISTANCE TEST IS FAILED IT CANNOT BE CONSIDERED INWARRANTY, EVEN THOUGH THEY THEMSELVES CANNOT SAY FOR SURE THAT IT WAS WATER LOGGED THAT CAUSED THE DAMAGE OR SAMSUNG BUG", I have all recordings with MR. Dilip, samsung simply finding excuses to not to repair and asking me to pay for it even though it is samsungs fault.

I know company like samsung doesnt get affected if it looses few customer, but spending 68K on flagship phone and with no fault of mine, still forced to pay 17K for screen, i dont think its worth buying samsung phone in future.

5 Comments
abdurrahman1989
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

If anyone wants to hear conversation, plz text me on +919879554014, will provide proof of samsung policy.

0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
write to Samsung CEO. Take names of all these Jokers on SC. They are incompetent lot.

write negative feedback in all social media. Finally , if you want fast result get a lawyer friend and tell him to draft a legal letter of filing case in consumer court and demand all costs. You will surely see action.
0 Likes
Vrang
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Hey Very Sorry to Hear that from you. Probably Few Custom Care Centre's are Rude. You should take this issue to another level like tweet it by tagging Samsung and also inform to Higher authorities. I hope you get justice. Don't forget to Tag all your friends and You can also use other social media platforms to make it viral so that we can have much clarity about Samsung Warranty policies.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly contact us through given channel 1800 40 SAMSUNG (7267864) / 1800 5 SAMSUNG (7267864) or email us at support.india@samsung.com

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Matiss
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have a galaxy s9+ and has done the exact same thing after the last update. I really believe it has been done on purpose to get people to inject money into samsung. Bit like apple did, slowing down capable older models to make people upgrade. Apple was fined millions and I hope samsung hasn't gone down the same road. Too coincidental that so many people had the same problem after update. Hope this issue gets investigated. Something isn't right

0 Likes