Highlighted
Hi everyone......
I've been using Samsung gear sport watch for more than a year and been using Galaxy watch for almost 8 or 9 months.
One thing, i noticed on both of my watches that they keep counting steps while I'm driving a car.
For example, if I've walked 5000 steps and then start driving my car, after around an hour, it displays more than 6000 steps.. (means it adds almost 1000 steps to my already taken steps for an hour's driving)
Same goes for the floors. If i climb 4 floors, it counts 6 floors.

Anyone else facing sick issues?

Thanks for the insights
10 Comments
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
inside car it can count steps for bumpy roads because jerking measured as steps..but no idea about stairs...I observed in my device that,pedometer takes to count after 1 or 2 seconds..means it can skip 3 or 4 steps which is negligible but you observing extra steps when climbing thats have no idea
Highlighted
Yeah..... but they should stand by the product's name. These are called smart watches n these should be smart enough to distinguish between steps n bumps
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
no it's not possible because sensor made up of such a way that related to device movements with some vehicles or human...as an example if you put a steps then little jerking detecting as steps same when you are traveling too
Highlighted
Yeh.....i know that bro.
What I'm saying is it should be the other way around.
Like Fitbit and Garmin measure steps n health data perfectly
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
did you tried with your device? is it normal or same as galaxy watch?
Highlighted
That's normal
Highlighted
Expert Level 5
ok...
Highlighted
Active Level 6
Smart does not mean all will do accuratly .

smart sense the activity and do the task

remember

health band or such devices are just to inform you the average level of activity like approx heart rate , approx walk distance etc

these devices are never designed to meet accurate result

for accurate results visit your doctor or physician those who have accurate measuring devices
Highlighted
Oh right.....
But if you read my comment again, i was saying it should distinguish between steps and bumps.
I never mentioned, neither i expected it to be accurate