Original topic:

Galaxy watch counting steps n floors while driving a car.

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 04:40 PM)
Rajdadra
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi everyone......
I've been using Samsung gear sport watch for more than a year and been using Galaxy watch for almost 8 or 9 months.
One thing, i noticed on both of my watches that they keep counting steps while I'm driving a car.
For example, if I've walked 5000 steps and then start driving my car, after around an hour, it displays more than 6000 steps.. (means it adds almost 1000 steps to my already taken steps for an hour's driving)
Same goes for the floors. If i climb 4 floors, it counts 6 floors.

Anyone else facing sick issues?

Thanks for the insights
16 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
inside car it can count steps for bumpy roads because jerking measured as steps..but no idea about stairs...I observed in my device that,pedometer takes to count after 1 or 2 seconds..means it can skip 3 or 4 steps which is negligible but you observing extra steps when climbing thats have no idea
Galaxy Note
Yeah..... but they should stand by the product's name. These are called smart watches n these should be smart enough to distinguish between steps n bumps
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
no it's not possible because sensor made up of such a way that related to device movements with some vehicles or human...as an example if you put a steps then little jerking detecting as steps same when you are traveling too
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Not possible? really?  This watch has its own network it has GPS I'm pretty sure... You would think that it could sense it's linear travel is much faster than a person can run and could shut off the pedometer motion. That's about as basic of an if/then logic function as you can get

Galaxy Note
Yeh.....i know that bro.
What I'm saying is it should be the other way around.
Like Fitbit and Garmin measure steps n health data perfectly
contactvv
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi,

I recently bought this watch 1 month ago.  Although I like this watch and a great motivation to keep moving, I also noticed the same issue as stated above.  I suppose the watch should be smart enough to detect that we are travelling in a automobile and not walking or running.   

May be we need to turn on the location sensor?

May be Samsung should provide some insight on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
did you tried with your device? is it normal or same as galaxy watch?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
That's normal
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
ok...
0 Likes