Original topic:

Galaxy watch counting steps n floors while driving a car.

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 06:42 PM)
Rajdadra
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi everyone......
I've been using Samsung gear sport watch for more than a year and been using Galaxy watch for almost 8 or 9 months.
One thing, i noticed on both of my watches that they keep counting steps while I'm driving a car.
For example, if I've walked 5000 steps and then start driving my car, after around an hour, it displays more than 6000 steps.. (means it adds almost 1000 steps to my already taken steps for an hour's driving)
Same goes for the floors. If i climb 4 floors, it counts 6 floors.

Anyone else facing sick issues?

Thanks for the insights
16 Comments
SliceSupport
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Smart does not mean all will do accuratly .

smart sense the activity and do the task

remember

health band or such devices are just to inform you the average level of activity like approx heart rate , approx walk distance etc

these devices are never designed to meet accurate result

for accurate results visit your doctor or physician those who have accurate measuring devices
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Oh right.....
But if you read my comment again, i was saying it should distinguish between steps and bumps.
I never mentioned, neither i expected it to be accurate
0 Likes
Samsung_c9BdhaJ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Well a Chinese device which my wife has and costs half the money, recognises a car.

Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi there,

Please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:

1- Settings option on watch > general > reset > tap on check icon to reset.

2- If the issue still exists, kindly send us the error log file using the Samsung member application by following the below-mentioned path- Launch Galaxy Wearable app on Smart Phone > Connect your Samsung Wearable device to your Galaxy Wearable app > Tap More (≡) on the left-top side of the Galaxy Wearable app and select Contact Us > Error reports.

Fill out the error or inconvenience and tap the send icon on the right-top side.
Note: For better assistance, please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
sheoran9
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Same here ..when i starts driving it reflects cycling and start counting
0 Likes
Samsung_IE15EIW
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I had the same issue, I did a work around as follows 

In your Watch got to Samsung Health app>>Scroll to the bottom and tap on settings>>Select workout detection>>Activities to detect, Except Walking/Running disable all. Now when you dive your car will not detect as cycling. Hope this works!!

0 Likes
RAS1303
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes I have samsung glaxy samrt watch 4 and I am also facing same issue. When I am using Google healthfit app on another mobile that is giving accurate count and no count while driving but samsung smart watch is so dull it cannot distinguish between doing and walking.
0 Likes