Original topic:

Galaxy Note10 Screen turned green #ScreenOfDeath #nonfunctionalGalaxyNote

(Topic created on: 06-27-2020 05:03 PM)
CS80
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Completed the latest #software update on my Note10 and within two days screen turned #green and getting hanged. If mobile is left idle then screen operates for sometime  and then same issue repeats. 
Tried all suggestions of #hardReset #SoftReset #FactoryReset. Visited service centre and they just declared that display needs to be #replaced at 17000INR. How come such premium mobile's display is having issue in less than 20 months? Mobile is having no scratch or mishandling history. 
Even EMIs are not completed and mobile needs additional repair

Is anybody else having similar issue and any #alternate other than to spend 17000INR?
19 Comments
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
How come mobile screen will turn to weird colors after software update. It doesn't has any relation with display rite. I think so you might have mishandled it that's why screen has turned green due to physical damage.
0 Likes
Arpit7707
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

no I've never dropped my phone for sure

iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Then it can never happen thru software update.
CS80
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
bravetiger it can happen because display setting is also controlled by software program. There is no physical damage and it happened after 01Jun20 software update.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
But its very hard to believe. I haven't come across this anywhere till now.
mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
you haven't come across such type of posts because they are deleted by app regulators.so many models and series got affected after march security patch.google it u will know it.its the problem with samsung oleds.
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Alright but I haven't faced any issue on my S10 now its on June update. Its working fine. Still hard to believe.
0 Likes
Arpit7707
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I'm also facing this issue 
Initially, when I unlock phone by pressing power button the display was changed to dim colour(mostly greenish) and with horizontal lines displayed when the brightness is below 50%. After tried with multiple times pressing on power button the display came back to normal. 
It is after recent security patch of 1 June 2020.

mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
samsung is not going to provide update.so,change the display.if u can use it like that use it and buy a new mobile later.not samsung again.