Original topic:

Galaxy Note 8, battery draining fast (while screen off) + NFC not working + WIFI disconnect suddenly

(Topic created on: 12-25-2020 08:33 PM)
Syrianknight91
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

After the final update the subject problems I am facing, which is really annoying.

I tried many solutions such as soft reset, hard reset, clear caches, but I can only say that the update caused these problems together..

Information of my phone are attached. Screenshot_20201225-200412_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
5 Comments
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I had the same problem with my old phone. I had to downgrade the android version to the version before the faulty update. This can be done easily by installing the right OTA update pertaining to your model. I recommended that you take your phone to the Samsung service center to avoid the bricking of your phone. hope this helps...
0 Likes
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
https://www.getdroidtips.com/downgrade-galaxy-note-8-oreo-nougat/

This link shows how you can downgrade your android version. I cannot guarantee that this will work. its worth a try if you really need to use your phone like before.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Thanks, but Samsung shall be responsible of not providing uninspected versions to us. NFC was a crucial tool for me and it was the only reason I bought the phone, and the battery issue is making my life miserable. I would sue Samsung if things are because of the unverified software release  and I will make sure to keep the phone software as per the warranty condition.  

Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
You current version ( Android 9 ) is pretty old and has had a lot of support and updates in the past. The problem might be due to improper installation, quite rare , but is possible. I hope you solve your problems..
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Just for update, nfc issue was solved by itself in the last update so i am pretty sure it was due to software updates issue. Anyway, i spent like 6 months suffering from nfc issue and i bought s22 ultra
0 Likes