Original topic:

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 4G, 10 Days Later.

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 05:58 PM)
JimmyA
Options
Galaxy Note
If you have a Note 10+ dont bother upgrading.

I bought the device after seeing ads or YouTube reviews stating that all the Ultra models have 12 GB RAM.

I bought the 4G model as there's no 5G coverage in the area i live and next to my work:

1- 1300$ for a device that has an under performing processor. USA and other regions pay the same amount for a 30% faster device.

2- 8GB RAM on the 4G model and not 12GB.

3- Fast charging capped to 25W instead of 45 or more like the Note 10+ or the competition. 

4- 120Hz refresh rate locked on FHD and NOT WQHD+.

5- The camera bump is annoying while holding or while putting on the table.

6- The power button finaly moved to the right side, but unfortunately the volume rocker too, good luck with the volume up/down while on a call and with the screenshot(power button + volume down) 

7- S Pen moved to the left side because of the camera, very nice after using it on the right side for 8 years.

8- Speaker moved to left side and WILL BE COVERED BY YOU FINGERS. 

9- Curved edges will be touched accidently. 

10- Device overheating from simple tasks like listening to music or watching YouTube at 50% brightness. 

11- Battery life less than average, although it's bigger than the Note 10+, and it's a 4G variant, i pretty sure the 5G owners are suffering, and takes forever to charge with the 25W charger. 

12- Speaker volume slightly lower than the Note 10+ but better quality. 

13- No TPU cover sent with the phone like they usually do(paid 1300$)

14- No S Pen tip tool amd replacement sent. 

15- Includes a wired earpiece, but also you get the Buds Live with it(Go figure) 

Gone are the days where this used to be a true leading flagship phone, for the first time in 8 years i regret buying it, specially cause of the underwhelming performance of the Exynos 990 compared to the Snapdragon 865+ in terms of speed and battery life, while having the same price. 
14 Comments
janefrr
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
thanx for update
Abedalkareem
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
it depends honestly, I have upgraded from note 10 plus to note 20 ultra 5G , the only issue that I have faced is the battery life is dries quickly since I am a heavy user. however, the camera is amazing and well done #Samsung and screen is smoother than before 6.9 compared with 6.8 its nothing much for the screen but you feel it , its slightly different than before

the main reason I bought this device is the Camera and I am more than satisfied
Galaxy Note
Hey, well this is my 8th note(skipped the note 5) i never had more than 8 hrs of battery a day, note 10+ was more consistent in terms of drainage. I avoided the 5G because of sucking the life out of the battery, specially on the Exynos we have here, plus i have no coverage. In your case 120hz + 5G + Exynos..... Take a screenshot feom the battery stats everyday same time when u hit 10% to check the pattern, I'm interested to see how it plays out for you.
Regarding whether to upgrade or not, were at minor improvement stages now, no innovation anymore or anything new, if we upgrade every other year, we will enjoy the difference more. Samsung decided to focus the next couple of years on 2 things, folding phones and 5G...
0 Likes
pawankhurana1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I had bought a note 10 plus back then coz it had one of the best cameras but today i regret buying this phone after how samsung customer service is behaving and they dont understand 1 simple fault
alrayhi
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
stay away from exynos cpu. snapdragon is the best
pawankhurana1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
i feel they should stop producing phones with exynos cpu, they keep the prices of phones high here in uae but sell a cheaper downgraded exynos vesion of the phone
TheExpendble
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
ofcourse. if you have note 10+, getting a note 20 ultra is a downgrade. what a fail.
ay2009mn
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I used note 2 and 3 and 4 and 8 and 9 and 10
But I'm not buying. note 20 or 20 ultra
Galaxy Note
If you can get a snapdragon variant, do it.