Original topic:

Galaxy Display green tint and over heating

(Topic created on: 12-22-2020 07:14 PM)
appooppettan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung, 

Recently for last two months I am facing Display discoloration issue and over heating in my galaxy Note 9. This started happening after a software update. I googled for a solution for this problem and found many others also reported same issue for multiple devices like all Note series, all Galaxy S series etc. 

Tried all the recovery techniques like clearing the cache, resetting the phone by hard reset...etc. there is no hardware damage to the phone. issue is predominantly coming when we are doing successive unlock of the phone. that is when I put the phone to sleep and then immediately unlock with in 10-15 seconds, Display colour changes to blackish green with many lines in display. the issue started coming after a software upgrade. some how it looks like software is killing the hardware - dont know if it is intentional from samsung to do this in this pandemic time to increase their revenue. 

I own many samsung devices, Multiple Phones, tabs, TV, fridge, audio system, microwave, monitor etc. Local brands are much better in quality nowadays for a much cheaper price for purchase and for spares. I am going to throw this phone than paying another 20000 rupees to samsung for display repair. This is going to be end of samsung phone brand for sure. Good bye samsung. 

5 Comments
LordFrost
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Opened up ur brian ha🥲
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

appooppettan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thinking about this issue. looks like the issue started long back ,sometimes phone used to heat after March update but there was no display issue, I never gave any attention to heating as I was thinking that it is because of my usage. later screen discoloration started in november, then I understood that the phone heats up when display colour changes. so it must be hardware issue triggered by overheating of some inside component. I don't think that a software fix is possible for this. and samsung care is asking for all crash log and all is just a gimmick to show that they are working on something. it's useless
this issue is getting worse day by day, initially It used work properly if you are not using phone for few seconds, later it changed to minutes. and it's more in areas where temperature is high.
0 Likes
Malinda97
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hey, I have the same issue on my note 8, no physical damage or any thing. Used this device very carefully because this was my first flagship phone. But after a software update from last year this issue appeared and I'm loosing faith of Samsung. I can buy a new one from the money when fixing this. Im so upset.

0 Likes
Freddy1234
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Samsung needs to send updates to all old phones as well to fix this green screen issue.
0 Likes