Original topic:

Frustrating that Note 9 is being left out for OS upgrade

(Topic created on: 01-13-2022 08:34 PM)
mmk1308
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Its frustrating that Samsung is leaving out Note9 for OS / UI upgrade within 2yrs of model release, especially after looking at that Apple's 2016 device iPhone SE supports latest IOS version even after 5yrs of model release yr. It gives kind of let-down feeling; but for stylus feature - so critical for me & which keeps me with Samsung since Note-3 - I would have switched to Apple long back...!!

Will Samsung like to listen to Note 9 owners or Note owners are in general off-the-business strategy at Samsung (also hearing about Note series being discontinued)? 
6 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Only flagship devices launched in 2019 and later are eligible for three android updates. That's why Note 10 got android 12 . Rest assured if you buy a new samsung flagship, you'll get three android updates and 4 years of security updates.
0 Likes
mmk1308
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Are u missing a point or knowingly pushing it on side? Same problem continues if Samsung continues strategy of discontinue support in two years..! If three android support is the policy, why Note 9 did not get version 11? How does one be sure of what u hv said for Note series (if at all it has new releases) in future? I'm not interested in models other than Note..!! So, see if u can treat Note series also as other flagship models.
0 Likes
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
All the flagship series including Note, S, Flip/ Fold launched after 2019 are eligible for 3 OS updates and 4 years of security updates.
It's guaranteed.
0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Samsung has clearly mentioned that devices after 2019 will receive three android os updates. I am not saying things out of the air. I am attaching the official link, have a look.

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-raises-the-bar-for-mobile-experience-innovation-committing-t...
0 Likes
mmk1308
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Why hasn't Samsung followed it for Note 9 and deprived the owners with one OS update?
0 Likes
sidiculous
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Frustrating m the note 9 launched in 2018, not 2019. It got 3 years of major upgrades and one additional of security updates, even though Samsung committed to this well after the release of the note 10. They've done what they promised, even though they never promised this timeline before your phone was released.
0 Likes