Original topic:

Fingerprint issue with screen protectors?? ( Note 20)

(Topic created on: 03-25-2022 01:28 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note
What kind of screen protector you use??
Which does not cause any issue while using fingerprint scanner!!
Please suggest!! 
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
I'm using company applied screen protector and it's works perfectly.
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Note 20 has ultrasonic sensor. So any good quality screen protector should work...
Optical sensor causes problems with a few types of screen protector
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hmmmmm...
I get it ... Not any screen protector will work... 😅
0 Likes
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ultrasonic fp sensor don't work with regular tempered glass (bcoz there are very very small gaps between screen and screen protector)... It needs specially designed tempered glass which has some different material over the fp sensor area...
RanitKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Turn on Touch Sensitivity from Settings > Display if you want to use with a screen protector....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Yes but any screen protector I use it doesnot work!!
Any company name??
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I'm using a film protector from Gadgetshieldz for almost a year because this protector can self-heal the scratches that occur on it and I saw the scratches disappear within a few minutes! Also, this protector is good with touch and fingerprint scanning, I had no issues with it till now. I like this protector and I recommend this to you 😁
https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/galaxy-note-20-screen-protectors-guards.html

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Thank you for such a wonderful suggestion with link!!
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Customer,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:

• The fingerprint recognition sensor recognizes fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.

• The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.

• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.

• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.

• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.

• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.

• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.

• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
Note: You should make sure to use the highest central parts of fingerprint or the most curved part of fingerprint when you register or scan fingerprint

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to us.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support.