Original topic:

File system limit

(Topic created on: 07-22-2019 11:03 PM)
Master257
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

I have got this notification before 1 month and i did factory rest my phone and now i am getting it again, any solutions?

"File System Limit: too many files have been created on yiur phone. Apps may stop working correctly and your phone may no longer start up. Back up any important data and reset your phone".

42 Comments
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
the best you can do is to contact professionals and take it to a service center
Riccanham
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Don't take it to a service centre! They want to charge for everything, I took mine for the same problem and the comment was 'this is customer abuse as you have the wrong apps installed' then wanted to charge me £45. Never buying Samsung again!

0 Likes
Nuraddin
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
First question is, what phone are you using and how much free storage space it has? From my experience, sometimes when your storage is nearly full, or too many audio files are kept from WhatsApp, may cause this. You may go to the "My File">"Internal storage">"WhatsApp">"Media">"WhatsApp Voice Notes" and delete unnecessary files. It won't cause any problem, but hope it helps!
AMH1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am not sure I understand exact procedure. When I open the Apps, sort by size; find the big user (my Etsy app is using 9.4 GB.  I open it up by clicking on it. Under storage I find App / Data / Cache / Total.  I have two options there:  Clear data and Clear cache.  So....I clear data????  or clear cache???  Thanks. 

0 Likes
riancantfly
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

clear cache, clearing the data will sign you out. 

0 Likes
Oakland
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Not true. My phone has 9 gb available and it happens every day. I have found a way to clear it but it continues to return. 

0 Likes
ppbekker
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I had the same problem and this worked for me.  I went into settings, then apps and sorted by size.  Turns out an app that should not have taken up much room was hogging all my memory probably because of a massive amount of files.  I cleared the data and the message has not returned.

BillinDallas
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I got the message this morning, and your steps worked. 
Thanks!

0 Likes
GI0RTN
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Seems to have worked for me too. Thank you so much for sharing this. Saved me much trouble and worry.