Original topic:

Faint glow around Note 20 ultra hole punch

(Topic created on: 03-07-2022 08:21 AM)
sprvln
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
There is a ring of faint glow surrounding hole punch camera cutout. Also a thin strip along the upper border. It looks like the brightness of these pixels are higher than the rest. this is more visible when the screen is gray. Anyone else having this issue? What can this be?
17 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hi.. can you share a photo of it?
Galaxy Note
Are you sure this is not edge lightning effect? 🙄
sprvln
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
100% sure.
Galaxy Note
Hi there I have a Note 20 ultra and I don't have this issue. I think it's not normal. I saw someone else post about this issue on fb today as well

If you have a warranty, I suggest you get it checked and replaced if needed!

If my comment helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊😊
sprvln
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately My phone is not covered with warranty anymore.
Galaxy Note
Then its best to go on like this. Screen costs are very high
sprvln
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
My previous phone Galaxy S20 ultra developed screen issues some time after the warranty period. Then this problem. It seems I may have to think of another brand for my next phone.
Galaxy Note
I'm so sorry about that. Perhaps u are using some app or have some habit that makes the screen issue happen? I'm not blaming you or saying its ur fault, but things we unintentionally do may end up damaging our phones.

With that being said, it could all be a huge coincidence and both times u got sold bad phones. I hope the next one will be good.

I've used Samsung phones for 10 years now and I'm yet to see a screen issue. I'm not someone who buys phones every year. I used my Note 8 for 3 and half year before upgrading to the Note 20 ultra.

I'm really sorry this happened to u
sprvln
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
My first Samsung phone was galaxy s8. It had some screen burn-in. But that was expected of an OLED screen. I used it for more than 3 years. I was really happy with that device. I only use apps downloaded from play store and galaxy store which are compatible with my devices. Never tried to root or anything. Used my phone's in a way they never developed screen burn ins after my s8. I don't think these issues are related to the way I use my phone or related to the apps I use. These problems may be related to over heating of the exynos models. Because both these phones had exynos chips. Also I have seen posts on Samsung members that athers are facing exactly the same issues. So can't agree with your reasoning.