Original topic:

FREE NOTE9 GearVR ADAPTER šŸ˜RDER NšŸ˜W

(Topic created on: 09-05-2018 10:23 AM)
Nishitkohli
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Samsung offers free adapter to use the Galaxy Note 9 with the Gear VR

The Galaxy Note 9 has been released and while itā€™s Gear VR-ready, Samsung didnā€™t announce a new virtual reality headset with the device. Given that the dimensions are slightly different compared to the Galaxy Note 8, the new flagship doesnā€™t exactly fit into the Gear VR with Controller that Samsung launched last year.

So how will you go about experiencing virtual reality on your brand new Samsung flagship? Samsung will actually send you an adapter free of charge that you can use with the existing Gear VR so that the Galaxy Note 9 fits in it.

Use Galaxy Note 9 with Gear VR

The current iteration of the Gear VR headset (SM-R325N) was launched last year. Itā€™s compatible with devices like the Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S9 and others. Samsung hasnā€™t launched a new headset with the Galaxy Note 9 because thereā€™s no need to. The adapter is all thatā€™s required to make the Galaxy Note 9 fit into the existing headset.

Some Galaxy Note 9 owners who werenā€™t aware have already resorted to more drastic measures. They have used a Dremel tool or sandpaper to trim the edges of the headset. Thereā€™s really no need to do that, though, if youā€™re looking for ways on how to use Galaxy Note 9 with Gear VR.

Galaxy Note 9 owners can get an adapter shipped to them for free by reaching out to customer support. Customers in the U.S. can call the company at 1-800-SAMSUNG and request an adapter. The same can also be done through the live chat option in the Samsung+ app. Owners in other markets can also reach out to the companyā€™s support and get the adapter.

Samsung does mention that it may take up to two weeks for the adapter to ship. The company is evidently not going to launch a new iteration of the Gear VR this year which will eliminate the need to use an adapter. We may not get a new Gear VR until next year when Samsung releases its 10th anniversary flagship.
SOURCE SAMMOBILE

0 Likes
17 Comments
GalaxyTeam
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Official Indian Note 9 Telegram Group

https://t.me/joinchat/DvvVrkv68Wr74rjVf3aKBwd72fecfa-3d1c-4677-8bb0-9ca87ee0f97f.jpg
d9ba730c-1bf7-4f27-a83c-4bd4cb93eb7c.jpg
c9dafb2e-22cb-4ce0-b67f-35fd4b9555e2.jpg
0 Likes
bharathsimha
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I need one
0 Likes
Nani211
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I need one adapter for my new Note 9 to use my VR.
Nishitkohli
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
call samsung customer care now.
0 Likes
Nani211
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
pls provide the number
0 Likes
Nishitkohli
Expert Level 3