Original topic:

Exynos990 is bad than even mediatek for gaming

(Topic created on: 11-17-2021 11:56 PM)
AawidKhan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Dear samsung I relise that i did big mistake to purchase note 20 ultra for gaming (PUBG/BGMI).  everytime i face frame drom and lagging while play PUBG/BGMI.  there is no 90FPS even no stability in 60FPS . Exynos 990 is a wrost processor for gaming like PUBG/BGMI. 😡😡😡
9 Comments
Joshuwa
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Samsung is not a good choice for gaming.
JARVISRishabH
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Bro Samsung Is Not Gaming Phone ..🤕🤕
Div001
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
It's clearly on you Note series was never meant for gaming...they are premium phones for professionals...and above all that Exynos till now is a big NO for gaming... let's see How they perform in 22, they will come up with chips integrated with AMD gpu.
0 Likes
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Why don't you ask the devs to improve their software code / performance for stupid games like PUBG/BGMI?
I would suggest save some money & get a good gaming laptop if you are that serious about gaming for longer periods.

Note series is more of a business phone for professionals, not gamers and kids. And it is excellent in that department.

Anyways, you can try this:
Enable 'Booster mode' from Game Launcher - this has helped many people for a smooth gaming performance.
0 Likes
Shammy4
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
STOP giving cover fire to the S.H.I.T.T.Y EXYNOS 990. IT throttles for no bloody reason, phone is hot hot 24/7 with very minimal usage. It clearly is a inefficient silicon at a flagship price.
vinayshah
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Can't agree more. To the point comment
0 Likes
saarang007
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Lol...nobody is giving cover fire to Exynos. I heard some kids do that in PUBG, right? Give 'cover fire' 😅

If your phone is hot 24/7 with minimal usage, then please check the issue in detail as soon as possible. Do not install any 3rd party apk files.

I seriously don't have this 24/7 heating issue. Maybe you (and other people experiencing same issue) can try some things like -

1. Turn off 5G. It's anyways not available yet in India, why keep it on?

2. If you have not Factory Reset your phone after major Android upgrade (version 10 to 11), please take backup and do it. Samsung Smart Switch will make it easier. You will be surprised how many issues are fixed when you Factory Reset after a major OS update.

3. Go to Settings -> Connections and turn off everything that is not needed ON all the time (WiFi calling, NFC and Nearby Device Scanning). All these features are ON by default when you upgrade your phone to new OS. Also turn off Wireless Powersharing if you have it ON. You don't need it always ON.

4. Look at 'permissions' section. Games do not need unwanted permissions like Location, Contacts, Camera, Mic, etc. unless they are targeted towards that kind of function (mostly they won't).

5. Go to 'Advanced Features' and turn off things that you can simply toggle from status bar (like Samsung Dex, Link to Windows, Call & Text on other devices, etc.) All these have simple toggle switches from notification panel if you need them.

6. Educate yourself and those around you in utilizing technology to the best possible limit and by studying each and every option in your phone. Android is mostly about exploring and fine tuning the settings to suit you - the user - best.

Yes, Exynos 990 is inferior for gaming performance as compared to Snapdragon, I have watched the comparisons already but difference is more noticeable when you keep those side by side and play any standard game downloaded from Play Store.

At least, other than gaming performance, you should not have so much serious issues (24/7 heat for minimal use) that you are experiencing.
Thank you.

P.S.: If you are into gaming, assemble a good gaming desktop or buy a gaming laptop.

You will get a bigger screen (than phone screen), best CPU and GPU combination = best performance all day! You can also stream via Twitch or YouTube then like a professional gamer 👍🏻
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Samsung Flagships are more like all-rounder, good or very good at many things but best at nothing. So if your objective while buying a phone is gaming, go for many other game oriented phones in the market, ROG is one of the many.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes