Original topic:

Dual WhatsApp Media getting deleted Automatically.

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 02:03 PM)
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I'm using 2 WhatsApp account on my Note 9. It was working perfectly fine until the last update messed up WhatsApp.
ALL THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE 2ND WHATSAPP ACCOUNT. THE 1ST ONE WORKS FINE.
From gallery the picture and video folders got deleted automatically. From internal storage WhatsApp folder from dual messenger folder got deleted.
Clearing the cache and data didn't work neither uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked.
Did factory reset.
Even after that the problem is still there.
Once I install WhatsApp I can see the folders in internal storage and dual messenger folder.
But once I receive any photos or videos the media appears briefly in the gallary app then gets deleted automatically and with that the folders from the internal storage and dual messenger also gets deleted and the media cannot be located anywhere in the internal storage.
I've contacted WhatsApp and they replied that they provide limited support for dual messenger and the simple solution is delete the second account.
I did search Google and got some links where people facing the same issue but unfortunately there is no solution available at this time.
Anyone facing this kind of issue?
Any solution available.
Thanks.
14 Comments
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Okay. Thanks.
0 Likes
Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note

Today got the August Security Patch but Dual Whatsapp Media problem was not solved. Uninstalled > Reboot > Reinstall whatsapp but no solution. God Knows how long Samsung will take to push an update to solve this?

0 Likes
h123456789
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Try Factory reset phone
First take backup of everything
0 Likes
Samsung_7bxFCFn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I think this is resolved in the latest update that came to me last night. Please check

Suvadeep1982
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Just checked and there is no update available. My device is running August patch.
0 Likes