Original topic:

DeX not sharing phone screen with LG Smart TV

(Topic created on: 12-12-2020 11:26 AM)
magnet0
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi,

My Galaxy Note Ultra 5G "DeX" won't share phone screen with LG Smart TV. I can locate either devices during search/scanning and when I select the device, I get a notification to Approve permissions to share/connect, however after this connection fails and no sharing can occur. My LG Smart TV supports Miracast (Intel) and can use other devices to connect and share device screen however not with Samsung's Galaxy Note Ultra 5G.

I see that many of the Samsung only services are interlinked and they work only with Samsung brand devices and not with other 3rd brands.

Regards,

Yogesh

8 Comments
Zainsayyad
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
is it upgraded on Android 11
0 Likes
magnet0
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
my device has "Android 10", software update check did not find Android 11!
0 Likes
Zainsayyad
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Dex is enabled on android 11, wait for update, It's smoother than Android 10, Awsome experience with Android 11 one UI 3.0, Don't struggle much, just update your system on new OS then Dex will work fine.
0 Likes
magnet0
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

While purchasing the Note 20 Ultra 5g one of the features I was interested in, is the ability to share screen with TV (for work) and its disappointing to note that it won't even connect, Why?

This is not the only issue with Samsung devices, If I disable any one Samsung services for e.g. Message app instead use a 3rd party app as default, other Samsung services won't work and will complain to make its own Messaging app as default? 

Many users like me have paid Rs 1,00,000 for this device that has many issues and won't work or allow any 3rd party stuff on this device and I hate to say this, but I wish I could get a full refund for this device. 

0 Likes
Zainsayyad
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Samsung just mention its feature on paper, but in actually they keep disable in devices, it's so frustrating,
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thats because your TV is not compatible or it doesnot have miracast app. Ensure your TV has miracast app installed and then it will work.
0 Likes
magnet0
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
dude, I did mention my TV supports miracast and other devices and laptop can connect but not my note 5g? My LG TV model is 42LA6200 and yes it does support miracast.
0 Likes
KarolZ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I have same issue on LG tv model 55LF632V-ZC. Error message was appeared after try connect.

I have Android 11 version instaled.

0 Likes