Original topic:

Cannot buy anything from Galaxy Store

(Topic created on: 09-29-2020 04:06 AM)
DilshanDiss
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

Don't know if anyone else are facing the same issues I am, but thought of putting it out there, hoping someone will respond with a solution.

I want to buy a few apps for my galaxy note 10+ and a couple of watch faces for my galaxy watch. When I go to Galaxy store and try to add my card it gives me the following error...

So quite explanatory the issue. I do many online transactions with no problems on my VISA debit card. It is also bound to my PayPal and Google account and can make purchases through them as well - no issue. Just to re-confirm, I checked with my bank and they don't have any issues on their end (i.e. it's not being declined or for that matter no error is even showing up for them). Not getting any results when I Google the above error either.

I looked for a solution and thought if I can add my PayPal account to my Samsung pay account, I can then buy what I want. Nope - I think Samsung pay is not supported in Sri Lanka because it says "not supported" when I try to download the Samsung pay app (doesn't seem to be a built-in app on my Galaxy Note 10+)

So, I can't add my card to Galaxy store due to the above mentioned error and can't add my PayPal account because Samsung pay is not supported in Sri Lanka. So what do I do? How are other people handling this? Or are we just to forget about buying Samsung apps from the store?

I have raised this as a ticket through Samsung members but I am yet to get a response, any help from anyone with a fix / work around would be a great help!
12 Comments
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Same error
0 Likes
DilshanDiss
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Samsung have replied me and said they will look into this further. I will post updates for this issue in case anyone else is also facing the same situation
Emuchay2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Am having the same error 

0 Likes
Sook123
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I'm having the same problem 

0 Likes
DilshanDiss
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
still no response from Samsung, as promised in their reply back to me
0 Likes
DilshanDiss
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
let me give an update...

Long story short, kind of resolved.

I tried with 2 different cards and it worked for both. I assuming there must be an issue with my primary card / bank. Strange as it maybe,I have been using the primary card for online payments for several several years, no issues at all.

So guys, just try this with different cards if you want it to work
0 Likes
Barek_almallak
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Unfortunately tried two cards with same error

0 Likes
Markush79
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have points from Samsung rewards that I haven't used yet. It's been less than a year since I accumulated them, so they have not expired yet. Unfortunately I have not been able to use the remainder of my reward points for purchases within the samsung app. When I go to check out the option to redeem the points for purchases no longer show up. I've had this issue since December of 2020. Within the samsung store my reward points still show and after checking my reward history the points are accurate. A dollar and some change isn't much for a watch face but nothing beats free!! 

0 Likes
HaGaH
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have same problem. it worked before. but not any more 🤔 🤠

0 Likes