Original topic:

Bixby Voice Permissions Notification

(Topic created on: 09-02-2018 02:17 PM)
desairaj414
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello.
After clicking on the Bixby button, I'm getting a notification "To use Bixby Voice, tap SETTINGS, then allow the permissions and try again:"
Clicking on the notification bring the APP INFO screen of Bixby Voice.
The permissions on the list are just CALENDAR  and SMS. Even after switching ON those 2 permissions - still getting the same notification.
I even tried to enter the settings menu throgh Bixby Home. Still, same issue and all options that are related to Bixby Voice in that menu - are grey and can't edit them (background color, language and speaking style atc...).

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F with Android 8). Bixby Voice used to work well when i bought it and i think problem started like 2 days ago.

Bixby Voice 1.0.24.0
Bixby Home 2.2.03.2
Bixby Service 1.0.10.2
Bixby Global Action 1.0.12.0
Bixby Voice Stub 1.0.01.0

I even tried to delete all cash and all user data of that apps related to Bixby but still not working.

I even updated the versions of the apps through 3rd party website (APK MIRROR). After clicking on Bixby button, I didn't get this notification but after the start up animation of Bixby, allowed the terms of conditions - getting a message on the screen - "Bixby isn't available in your country". I live in India.

I'll appreciate your help.

Thank you. 

Raj Desai6cbd2970-788e-46a3-b9f2-dd2ec5999ada.jpg
b4e5b5e0-a0da-4d6d-880e-5cb54bdc480c.jpg
0 Likes
10 Comments
Nishitkohli
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
factiry reset you device or re-update apps after uninstalling previous update by going to settings > app> bixby> 3dots >uninstall updates
desairaj414
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Tried re-updating apps it but that doesn't worked....
And my mind is not ready to reset phone for bibxy....
0 Likes
GalaxyTeam
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Indian Note 9 Telegram Group

https://t.me/joinchat/DvvVrkv68Wr74rjVf3aKBw9302de52-d592-40a6-a9aa-bbcd4cbc1e83.jpg
0 Likes
Abhishekanand
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Even I was facing the same issue yesterday, when i tried installing a newer version of Bixby Voice from apkmirror.So took a backup and performed a factory reset.
desairaj414
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yeah I knew reseting will work but I am not ready to reset just only for Bixby....
0 Likes
rakbag
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
worst technical support of samsung
0 Likes
desairaj414
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
😕
0 Likes
sanjeev88
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
are you trying install Bixby voice 2.0 third party app
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thank you for reaching out to the Samsung support communities! You have tried great steps to fix the Bixby issue. We do regret for the inconvenience caused and suggest you to provide logs/video within 15 minutes of issue occurrence by registering this feedback in Error Section (Samsung Members App -> Feedback -> Questions/Errors -> Create -> Error reports). Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.

For further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/
0 Likes