Original topic:

BRIGHTNESS DISPLAY ISSUE ON SAMSUNG NOTE9

(Topic created on: 04-28-2020 03:19 PM)
JV9
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

My phone started acting weird. Below are the observations:
1. It was observed that on a white/colored background, we can see the burn in of the icons. (attached pic)
2. When I manually adjust the brightness, from 0 to 20%, the display brightness increases. When I increase the brightness more, the display suddenly reduces the brightness and goes greenish. When I keep increasing the brightness, grey horizontal lines are visible across the display and the font changes as well. At 50% brightness, the transitions on the screen are in slow motion and screen is green in color.
3. When the brightness is set beyond 50% then the display is still greenish, horizontal lines are still visible and the brightness is still low.
4. At 100% brightness, the lines are barely visible, the display is on the warmer side.

Because of the above, it is impossible to use the phone keeping the brightness on auto mode. The battery is draining fast because I have to keep the phone at 100% brightness to see the screen/phone. The display is horrible to look at.

However, when i unlock the phone after resting it, the display works normally with or without auto brightness. Then it goes back to its yellow/green tinted, horizontal lines, faded font display. This shows that the display is capable of being normal. But something is making it go bad, maybe recent update, bugs, drivers etc.
I gave hard reset, factory reset and cleared the cache as well many times. I have also charged the phone 100%, checked it till it has 10% battery & also gave it a rest for 1 day. But nothing's working.

10 Comments
maddynote9
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
yes so many people r facing this issue, including me , please join us on telegram we have more than 50 people joined - link below

https://t.me/samsungDisplayProblem
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Why on telegram?  What remedy can be achieved from there?  

Joining though, thjs is hillarious 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
bomb samsung here and on Twitter.
maddynote9
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
dont reset or do any remedy your own nothing will happen, this is happening with so many handsets .
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Display" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.

2)adapative brightness - Setting>display>adapative brightness>enable it(do acordingly)
3)dark mode (if available)-setting>display>dark mode>enable it (do accordingly)

If the issue still persist, we request you kindly visit service center once the lockdown is over

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Service center?  I have never dropped my phine or anything,  or what so ever. Please confirm why this has happened all of us all of a sudden. 

Find the root cause first,  otherwise how to solve it?  This is hilarious.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Amazing right
how samsung calls it a "DISPLAY ISSUE " rather than a bug. This itself shows that they still havent addressed the fact that the issue lays with there latest update.
0 Likes
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Nice elaborate perfectly explained post dear. 

Exactly same thing happened to me as well. And i am so pissed off. How they have this kind of issues? Intentionally or unwantedly?  

I was loyal to Samsung so far. But i had issues with S7 edge too. 

Now this is really unexpecting for Samsung Note9. I am thinking if it is a softwere or hardwere related issue. If softwere they should come up with apologies and provide corrective solution. If hardwere, well then they are surely cheating everytime (like s7edge i had previous time) 

I would never buy samsung & surely discourrage everyone to do so.  This is absurd and hillarious. I see no point to stick with Samsung anymore if this happens so frequently and goes untreated, unexplained and without APOLOGIES 😑 

Wbr, 

Nadhvi 

nadhvi_2400@yahoo.com 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Hey buddy,
for now use the OLED saver app,
it kindoff helps.