Original topic:

Auto Switching on same Network while roaming Needs improvement

(Topic created on: 02-21-2020 06:26 PM)
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
When in Roaming from one State to Another the Automatic switching between same Network is Very Poor with Samsung and not so with other Brand used by my Colleague used with Pie (Handset Brand name I am not quoting, Since I don't want any Comparison between these two or Some may feel that I am promoting other brand here).. 3 times out of 4 I need to Restart the handset or I have to select Manual Network Selection, when entered the other two states & vice versa....But only once with other handset on same Network needs to Restart...I am always on with Data Roaming & Network Selected in Auto mode (Automatically)...Does I need to Change some more settings ???

7 Comments
ZombieHRN
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Yes it feels slow to realize that network has changed.
just turn on airplane mode and turn it off in 5 sec. it will restart both of ur sim and will be fine and no need to waste time.
(may also depend on network providers)
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thnx...But Turing on Flight Mode & turn it off in 5 Sec. is as good as Restarting the Handset, Rather it should detect Automatically...And no question of Network Provider here since we both had same Combination Airtel Sim1+Vodafone sim2 but Handsets are different and infact he has less Competent handset Compare to My Note9... Yes but it is with Snapdragon 845...
ZombieHRN
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
m using note9 too
have to turn on and off airplane mode at night after 12am if my internet limit is reached.
it doesn't realize itself that it's already 12am and new data limit is up for grab
0 Likes
saranram
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I too facing this problem.. need to turn on and off aeroplane mode then only call and msgs will come as well as outgoing
saranram
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
but network shows full tower signal. but not working
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Same here...Needs Improvement from Samsung...
0 Likes
Samsung_Support4
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi there,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

> Perform the reset settings of network (Settings>>General Managment>>Reset>>Reset settings)

> Run the device in safe mode and check the issue

> Check the availability of software update in your device

> If issue is still not resolved then create data backup and reset the device

> If still issue not resolved, kindly contact your network service provider.

Regards

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes