Original topic:

Android app updates (off-topic)

(Topic created on: 07-16-2020 01:38 PM)
itsrajib
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Have you ever noticed that android apps are very frequently updated? While update is good thing, it's kind of irritating to update something almost every other day! This is also not feasible who have limited internet bandwidth or using mobile data solely as updates comsume lot of data and we have tens or even hundreds of apps in our phones.

I also use an iPad and the apps are updated regularly but not this very frequently which is a good balance I think.

The point of saying all this is I think the Android platform is still fundamentally immature, it doesn't know it's users very well. As much I'm comparing android with my iPad (or iPadOS) I'm feeling it intensely. 

Sorry for this off-topic post here. BTW, what do you think??
0 Likes
2 Comments
Galaxy Note
Yeah I think most apps are being developed by various developers..... they keep trying to bring new things or improve things on their app....so they keep pushing out these updates not thinking on how frequent they are pushing out these updates 🤷
0 Likes
itsrajib
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
right. but android as a platform should have some kind of guidelines and rules for this to ensure end user satisfaction.
0 Likes