cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android 12, definitely don't update yet!

(Topic created on: 01-19-2022 10:37 AM)
Abh1shekpat3l
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
For those waiting for Android 12 anxiously, it's probably one of the worst update when mixed with one UI4. Its laggy as hell and slows down the phone way too much. Wait till there has been another update. At the moment the 120hz refresh rate is useless as all the apps even the homescreen is slowwwww. Ive even noticed poor performance from apps, maybe they need time to update with Android 12
0 Likes
8 Comments
Real-Sello
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Sorry. But You're the first person I hear complaining about so many issues. People are saying the update is alright mate. What device are you on ?
0 Likes
Abh1shekpat3l
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Note 20 ultra 5g
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hello chief mine on s21 ultra is super have noticed slight change on battery performance is now a little bit better, as for apps and response it's buttery smooth
0 Likes
Simber
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Sorry for your bad experience. maybe try reinstalling it. I've updated mine and it's very smooth and battery life has improved a little bit
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Hi, try

1. Soft reset your phone (no data loss).
2. Update all apps in Play store and Galaxy Store to latest versions. Restart phone after all apps finishes updating.

If phone continues to lag and slow down after doing step 1 and 2, make a backup of all your data then reset phone to factory but before doing that, try some additional troubleshooting:

1. Optimize your phone by going to Settings>Battery and device care then select Optimise now.

2. Enable battery saver then lock your phone for a few seconds then unlock phone, disable battery saver.

SOFT RESET (NO DATA LOSS)

Keep pressing and holding on Volume down and Power buttons (Side key) together until phone restarts.

1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Accounts and backup
4. Tap on Backup and Restore
5. Select Backup.

You can backup and update using Samsung Smart switch.

Smart switch link:

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/smart-switch/

Install the program on your computer and connect your phone to your computer using an Original Samsung cable and follow the prompts.

1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select General Management.
4. Select Reset.
5. Select Factory data Reset.
6. Tap Reset.

Go to the link below to locate the closest Authorized Service Center to you.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/
0 Likes
MJ_23
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
The update is definitely an overall enhancement on most aspects. Been using it for almost 2 months on my S21 without any issues. The upside of SA Samsung devices receiving all updates etc almost last is everything is as stable as can be and most bugs sorted out long before we press the download button.
0 Likes
Delirious
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
You might have other things on the phone causing issues. My S20 FE hasn't given me any issues at all. Maybe do a backup on your phone then wipe it and restore only important things and try again.
0 Likes
Abh1shekpat3l
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Update : Managed to get my Galaxy back to normal. The issue doesn't seem to be with android 12 directly to say, but more on the apps.

Some of the apps that were installed since ive got my note and also use them, seemed not compatible. Specially Zambian apps for taxes and zesco. Somehow even Facebook app has broken now and barely updates the content.
0 Likes