Original topic:

Android 10 for Galaxy Note 8

(Topic created on: 12-12-2019 04:46 AM)
itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
We need the Android 10 for Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 devices. We were shipped with Nougat when Oreo was already released. And being a flagship device, just 2 updates isn't enough. Samsung has to change this. Else everyone is going to be shifting to other manufacturers. Or even other operating systems. Note 8 is perfectly capable of running Android 10 than most of the phones. Why can't you give the update when A series phones get the Android 10. 2 years is too less. And Samsung knows it. We need Android 10 for the Galaxy Note 8. Don't deceive us everytime. 
18 Comments
adamkmv
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I absolutely share your opinion. Its a pity that samsung is only grantig 2 os Updates no Matter how "good" your device is and capable. 

Because of that, I'll Switch to iOS. Dont get me wrong, I hate the company Apple itself but softwarewise no other phone brand has a better quality. My first phone was a Galaxy s3 Neo, and the last one will be my s9. 

I'll only reconsider to buy a samsung phone if they are promising more than 3 years of OS updates. Otherwise, Im finished with samsung. The s9 (exynos) disappointed me in many aspects like simple (standby) battery drain and relatively poor performance and now even when it comes to Software. Apple's iPhones are granting us 5 years of software updares. It's crazy

itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
It's just crazy to think people even don't want me to complain. I get they too have been like me and shifted to new phones but that doesn't make me be silent. I'm pissed. And at least people should know this and stay away from Samsung at least until they rectify this.
Skilzwell
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

We deserve an update simply based on the fact that we returned to the Note! Also it wasn't truly 2 updates. AND 2 UPDATES IS OUTDATED. WAY less sophisticated phones will run onecui and Android 10. It's just insane & blatant disrespect to loyal customers across the globe. 

0 Likes
PaulT
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

As I've written elsewhere, I feel Samsung should owe us Note8 owners an extra year (or two) of upgrades. We were the ones that came back to them after the exploding Note7 debacle. We had the faith in their phones. We bought it at full prices. They should reward us for that with an extra year of support. Because if we had not bought the Note8, there wouldn't have been a Note9 or Note10(+). That brand extension would've been RIP.

Besides, when they launched the Note8, they did not launch it with the latest version of Android; as usual, they dawdled for 6 months before updating it to the most current version - essentially updating it to what it should have had on launch. THEN they should push out two updates following that one.

itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Absolutely agree with you. They wait for ages to update the version which isn't already the latest as they come with the S series phones and yet we are left dangling with a ONE major upgrade for their costliest phone. Absolutely lethargic.
itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
You've taken words out of my mind and put it rightly so. Thanks brother
Nahtanoj
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I think that the most important problem is we were shipped with Nougat when Oreo was already released. We actually only got one major update. Also I didn't know there are the policy for only offering 2 major update before I bought Note8. I think most of the customers also don't know they have this policy. We buy the flagship and we will expect we have the best experience from this brand. But finally this brand can only offer one major update.

I love Note8 so much and I like Samsung and note series. However it's time for me to change other brands to get a better experience.

0 Likes
aasifrules
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Samsung is one of the worst company when it comes to updates they charge equivalent money to Apple but give zero equivalent service. Because of this I am always forced to change their flagships previously used Note 8 now s10, have decided this will be my last samsung because of the same behaviour. In our country even Oppo, Xiaomi, Nokia, Oneplus which give phones at a fraction of their price btw have won the race in giving android 10 update but for Samsung flagships it is due next year January and for rest it is just pathetic timeline.

0 Likes
Themandalorian
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
All in. We need android 10 on the note 8
0 Likes