Original topic:

Air bubble under glass screen?

(Topic created on: 10-03-2020 02:37 AM)
Dustinthewind
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I have a Note 20 Ultra, it's about a month old. I woke up this morning and noticed my screen had what looked to be a water spot on it. I tried rubbing it off to no avail. I DO NOT have a screen protector on my phone so it's not that. It looks to be under the glass. I'll post a picture soon as well. I've never had this happen with a phone before and it's never been in water. 

0 Likes
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
Immediately take it to service center... if it's water and it enters your device.. it will hamper your warranty.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Use a hair dryer to dry the phone. OR rush to SC and tell them strongly that the display is not fully water proof
0 Likes
Sanskar
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
there is always a thin plastic film over the display which should be removed after unboxing. maybe that's what causing it. try to remove it.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Samsung_YVibYeS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

What happened in the end? now i have the same issue with a s22 ultra.

0 Likes
Rakkastaxx1990
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I too would like to know. The phone is a little less than a year old and now it's starting to do this. Never goes near water or even outside, strictly an office phone and I bought it brand new. For a $1200 piece of equipment it's kind of upsetting. 

0 Likes
ADEUP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This has occured on my wifes phone, she's had it for 3 weeks.  They won't let me return it for a new one because the return policy is 2 weeks.  Maybe if they didn't send them out w/ problems we wouldn't be asking for a new one.

Instead they want me to bring it to a service center... we didn't cause a weird bubble to appear, and we can't make it go away.

0 Likes
ADEUP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

My phone has a weird streak across it, if we rub it just right, it will go away for a few hours, then comes back.  Nothing like a bubble; 

But I called about it in time, so they should take mine back.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JXWCyOJybGnb7yKG5IxjHFYvJkISTl5Q/view?usp=sharing

^ her air bubble,

v my line

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JVfZD4Pf7X8-MVVIRScsGp377mcaGmDu/view?usp=sharing

0 Likes
ADEUP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Made an appointment, went to the recommended store, they looked at both phones, the pink gets a new screen ordered.

They took a look at mine, 'buffed' it out.  Handed it back to me and said it just needed the buff.  I explained that I 'wiped' it away too, but it comes back.  

5 Minutes later, while we were still looking at my wife's phone w/ the tech, I handed my phone back and said - there it's back.

He said he could order a new screen for my phone as well; and wasn't sure why that just happened.  

0hh, and by the way, a day and a half turn around on the work... I explained to the techs we needed the phones, as we don't have backups; they said 'just go turn it in, they'll fix it'... clearly they aren't aware of how things are processed.

2 S22+ phones ordered, 2 phones w/ different back screen problems, rating on this phone isn't very high at this point.

0 Likes