Original topic:

After the recent update my keyboard is writing only in English

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 10:58 AM)
MrJus
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Dear support
 I would like to address a problem that I'm facing after the recent update that I have received from Samsung
 I always use an outsource keyboard for my daily use After the recent update from Samsung I was only able to write an English where if I switch to Arabic the keyboard would show me that the language has been switched but I will still write in English
19 Comments
MrJus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
In screen keyboard I use the swap ( left to right) feature in keyboard in the space bar/ and in " physical keyboard I use( left alt & shift )similar to windows OS
0 Likes
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Are you using any installed accessibility settings?
Please have a look.
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Installed services. And turn OFF all the services in list.
0 Likes
MrJus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
All off / only active service is the protection service from ESET mobile security Nod32 anti-virus. clipboard_image_1625293543524_1625293543524.jpg
Solution
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Can you please check it out after activating safe mode. Safe mode tells you wheather the issue is caused by any third party apps.
(Press and hold the power off button. ( 🔴 Red button on the screen).To exit the safe mode, just restart the device). Let me see wheather it works in safe mode. Please try after changing language from US english to UK English.
Also, goto Settings > General management > Physical Keyboard > Show on screen keyboard. Let me see wheather language is changed on the on screen keyboard.
MrJus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Finally . It work in safe mode !! 😃 after restarting my phone and applying your instructions it work normally . I am very grateful for your help. Thank you very much 😍😍
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Happy to see it worked. What do you think that solved your issue. Can you please say some words to help others too? Did you disable that anti virus? Or Did that worked when you changed from US to UK? Or did you turned off anything from Accessibility after my advise. Or, is that when you turn ON "Show on-screen keyboard" ?
Lot of people face this issue.
0 Likes
MrJus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
to be honest I don't know Where Exactly I have solved the problem , I just blindly follow your instruction , Enable Safe mode by holding power button for few Second then long press on Red power Key , entered safe mode , tried the physical keyboard , it and it work , restarted my phone , change language from us to uk tried physical keyboard and still working
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Okay. So you didn't bother that antivirus right? Can you please check with US english again. Just to help anyone like you. Also that "show on-screen" option. Thank you.
0 Likes
MrJus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I switch it back from UK to US English it still working fine/ maybe when I activate the safe mode the language settings get changed or a service was working in background get disabled/ example after getting back from safe mode to normal node (airplane mode) was active
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Okay. Thank you for the feedback. Good luck.
0 Likes