Original topic:

Activating 5G in Samsung 5G devices

(Topic created on: 12-30-2022 11:26 AM)
pkkamaliya
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Basically samsung has not provided an update to enable SA 5G bands for many devices. The update (one ui 5) was only for NSA bands. Hence, Stand Alone(SA) 5G network (Mostly Jio) won't support in the device as of now. 

In that case, sim change trick might work. Put your sim in other device in which 5g is already working. Go to my jio app there and enable for true 5g. Then put back sim to your samsung 5g device.

It is not clear that the problem is at Samsung end or a Jio issue. 

Do mail directly to Samsung Higher authorities, don't mail to customer care. As no. of mails reaching to higher authorities, they might give clarity on this issue.
10 Comments
Rinzzlerr
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Actually i don't think this is true. The update has enabled both SA and NSA 5G. I have only one samsung device and have been using Jio 5g on it for weeks now.
0 Likes
pareshanaatma
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Well on the other hand i just purchased s22 and installed all the latest updates but this phone will not switch to 5g
Complete waste of money
0 Likes
pkkamaliya
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Exactly. I have mentioned in very first line that many devices facing issue, while some of them are working perfectly ok.
0 Likes
Patelujjval
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Samsung will release 5G SA FOTA updates in January '23. Till then Jio 5G won't work.Screenshot_20221228_105945_Samsung Members.jpg
pkkamaliya
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ohk.
0 Likes
Deeplyyoung
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
These are bot replies, can't trust
0 Likes
Deeplyyoung
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
@pkkamaliya have tried all possible tricks to solve the problem on my S21 ultra 5G SM-G9980 but none worked, whereas my sim directly showing and connecting Jio5G network on comparable devices.
0 Likes
pkkamaliya
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Oh.. than only samsung can give the correct answer. If You get reply from Samsung higher authorities, plz. reply here. Till time just wait for the FOTA update from samsung for SA 5G network (especially for Jio).

The Jio is providing Stand Alone 5G ( indeed a good thing) in many areas and mobile companies have provided update for Non SA 5G only.
0 Likes
Deeplyyoung
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
No one from Samsung side and from Jio side giving satisfactory replies.
0 Likes