Original topic:

ASK: Are you happy with the Note 10's in-screen fingerprint sensor?

(Topic created on: 05-20-2020 09:58 AM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note

The idea of embedding a fingerprint sensor underneath a phone's display is undeniably cool, but as we've seen, it can have mixed results.

8 Comments
batking33
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
definitely a cool tech but in note 10 its placement makes it bad for spen.... i think spen is the most unique feature of note series..
removing magnetic shielding under fingerprint doesn't work with spen... so there isn't much screen left to draw on.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
S pen is a unique feature.

so it has a down side...

also heard fp scanner is worth less because it's not upto competition counterpart

or.

previous normal fingerprints
Galaxy Note
Yes, no issues.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
👍
Galaxy Note
Ultrasonic finger print sensors are more sensitive than optical ones. And more secure also.

This sensitivity is the real reason behind their many failed unlock attempts.

Comedy is optical fingerprint on less expensive devices works far batter than ultrasonic ones. 😅😅
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
yes... you're right.

i know it.

anyways users were complaining about it here so i asked
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1) Ensure that the screen protector or the touchscreen on the fingerprint recognition sensor area is not scratched or damaged by objects, such as coins, keys,pens,and necklaces.

2) If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints.Press the fingertip so that your fingertip spreads over the wide surface of the fingerprint recognition area.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thank you for your assistance 😃
0 Likes