Original topic:

ALL SENSORS not working on Note8

(Topic created on: 12-18-2018 10:04 AM)
Striker247
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Ever since the April security patch I've noticed that every sensor on my Note8 is frozen/disabled.

I'd expected the May security patch to fix the issue but it hasn't.

Now from what I've seen online this issue seems to be a lot more widespread than i originally thought as several S8 users have also reported the issue.

I've done almost everything possible...

Wiped cache partition, went through safe mode and
factory resetting

From checking *#0*# i can see ALL my sensors are frozen/disabled.

I had previously reported this issue on the Members app (but in another country) and promptly got a robotic answer from the Samsung admin stating the obvious , "meet your local service center".

As of now there seems to be no other choice but since i had originally bought my Note8 from the U.A.E i thought I'd post this here.

It seems that flashing to the previous version of stock firmware actually fixes the issue but I've had conflicting reports on this solution.

So was anyone else able to solve this issue?

Comments/queries are welcome and I'll try to respond a.s.a.p.
0 Likes
24 Comments
Priya6
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same issue on my s8. all sensors have stopped working since the last software update
0 Likes
wael
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
same issue on my s8. all sensors have stopped working since the last software update
0 Likes
Ayyazu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
i am having issue with sensors; iris scan, light, proximity, gyro. all stopped working after a patch install on july 27, 2018. contacted samsung support. does not work their suggestions of troubleshooting. my note8 is just 3 months old.
0 Likes
EmPrAcE
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Every security update after march can lead to this issue. Change your phones motherboard to solve the issue. I am still thinking how a software update can cause hardware failure. On April 2018 my phones sensors stopped working. I waited till Auguest hoping that a software update might fix it. Then i changed my phones motherboard under warranty. Now my phone is working normally. Samsung knows about this issue. Almost all the samsung flagship phones from s7 series to the current phones can be affected. Samsung wont do anything for you unless you have warranty.
0 Likes
EmPrAcE
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
change motherboard. Nothing else will help. I had this issue on my s8.
0 Likes